SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What price do you think would be best to start

• £25

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £30

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Kayleigh1992

Reaction score
Hey :)

I am just starting out as a self taught makeup artist and I am building my kit so would just like any tips really on building this. (sorry if theres so much information here, I just want as much opinions and things covered as possible).

So far I have mac studio fix foundations, revolution foundations (for when im practising) a lot of makeup geek eyeshadows, bperfect Stacey marie carnival palette, nyx contour palette, drug store mascara, urban decay palettes, highlighters, concealers, ordered tatti lashes, have some mac pigments and various other pigments and glitters so I do have a lot of the kit already.

What I want to know is, is there any must have products that you feel is a must have, I would like to know which loose powders are best and also which compact powders are good as well? I was thinking about the laura mercier and the mac studio fix compact however if you know of any drug store ones just as good even better. One thing I am lacking in is lipsticks etc, I don't have many in can you give me advice on some affordable ones and what colour must haves are good to start?

Other things I have is a ring light as well and I did a private course with a established makeup artist in my area who recommended that I get a directors chair and table of amazon which is metal as the wooden ones are quite narrow so for a larger client it can be quite embarrassing does anyone have any links on where I could get one the one she sent me is metal and folds away and is quite tall - I would get a bar stool but I will probably be going to peoples houses a lot to start so that may not be practical.

lastly the pricing......I was going to charge £25 for full face and lashes can you tell me what you think of that and what kind of offers are good to get you started on social media?

Many thanks any help would be appreciated.

That sounds like an expensive kit so all in all I think the next investment you should consider is business insurance to cover you if it gets stolen or damaged. You'll need public and product liability insurance if you start charging anyway and generally you can then choose to insure stock, equipment, loss of earnings etc as add-ons.
The one snag I can foresee is that to get the insurance you need you'll be asked to provide evidence that you are qualified in the fields you intend to trade in. You may need to put these at the top of your shopping list now.

Latest posts

Back