Building a reputation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkpanda

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I'm going to hopefully do training this year to become a nail technician.
What I'm interested in knowing is how you got yourself known if you're not salon based?
I've got a few ideas just curious to know if I'm on the right lines :)

Wear nice enhancements yourself, get a good website, read and learn continuously, and be enthusiastic about your career. If you do these things people will take you seriously. :Grope:

It's all about presentation and networking. My reputation precedes me. I knew I had made it when a lady in the grocery store asked me if I was Amanda from Sapphire!

Take the time to make a great website. There are affordable, do it yourself options. Use Facebook and Twitter to your full advantage as they are basically free advertising. Implement a referral and loyalty program. Continually thank clients who do refer you more people with little gifts and thank you notes. Above all, treat your clients as you would like to be treated. Go above and beyond to make each and every one of them feel like they are the most important person during that hour long appointment. It's a long road to success, keep at it!

:green:

If you make sure you do the best job possible, once you start to get a few clients your business will begin to grow purely by word of mouth! It is the cheapest and best form of advertisement :)
I do also recommend setting up a Facebook page, maybe put some offers on to begin with but once they see the good work you do the clients will return without the need of offers! Maybe do a deal for a 'recommend a friend' ?
And take photographs :) let your work speak for itself, people are more inclined to book with you when they have actually seen the work you are capable of!
Hope this helps, good luck :)

Latest posts

Back