Building a website - please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tashytootoo

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I've tried searching through the website threads but I'm still really confused - haha I think I need an idiot's guide!!!

My brother has helped me design my logo etc and I built my Facebook page using that, I now wanna get him to help me with my website. Thing is neither if us have any idea where to start???

I bought the domain address from 123reg but now have no idea what to do next???

Any help? I don't mind paying (a small fee!) for a good website but think I'd prob like the flexibility to design/be in charge of it myself as think (well thought I was) fairly good with computers!

I'd be really grateful of any advice as really wanna get it set up so I can get my business cards and leaflets finalised and printed (that might be my next question ;) )

Thanks in advance xx

Try Weebly for your website very simple and easy xx

Another vote for Weebly from me - its so easy to do and theres instructions for everything including how to set it up with your purchased domain x

On past threads a lot vote for Weebly, I think it's similar to Yola which I use & love it. You can then set up your domain name to point to your free site (a redirect) or you can pay through Weebly/Yola to use the domain name, for a small fee xx

Weebly all the way . . I have built a fab one (and I am not even qualified yet - just thinking ahead . . lol). If I can do it, anyone can xx

Thank you - I'm gonna try tonight! Eek I'm excited! x

I built mine using Weebly too, so it has to be easy!

Take time to read the SEO thread. Friends around the country have confirmed that I am on page one of Google for my area and I have never done anything like this before in my life!

Everything was down to reading around it on here.

weebly is excellent, lots of different layouts/templates, i tried moonfruit etc but i couldnt get to grips with it....

Could try webstudio.co.uk. It's paid monthly, has unlimited pages and is completely controlled by you what is on it

Tashytootoo, I hope you are all up and running now! Its funny as I was looking to type something almost exactly as to your first comment! I too have got my domain name from 123reg.com but didn't know if I had to go through them and pay to set up a site or if a free one would be any good. Am going to have a look at Weebly now, please let me know how you got on :lol:

Im a moonfruit fan, simple and easy to use, but have heard alot about weebly too, all good.

Make sure you understand the basics of SEO before you start, otherwise you will find you will be re-doing your site.

I have a free guide to seo on my site (im not a web developer, but have helped a few on here and so put it together myself) but i get told of for posting a link to it ;-) (sorry admins but you do)

If you have an email address ill email you a copy?

Weebly, its free and simple to use

Tashytootoo, I hope you are all up and running now! Its funny as I was looking to type something almost exactly as to your first comment! I too have got my domain name from 123reg.com but didn't know if I had to go through them and pay to set up a site or if a free one would be any good. Am going to have a look at Weebly now, please let me know how you got on :lol:

I went with Weebly in the end and found it quite easy to use (ok maybe after the first hour or so!!!) my website is www.longlashesmakeupandbeauty.co.uk if you want to take a look. Good luck with yours! Also any feedback from anyone would be great :) x

Make sure you understand the basics of SEO before you start, otherwise you will find you will be re-doing your site.

I have a free guide to seo on my site (im not a web developer, but have helped a few on here and so put it together myself) but i get told of for posting a link to it ;-) (sorry admins but you do)

Could you send me a copy of your SEO guide please??

Of course just pm your email addy over.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

Im a moonfruit fan, simple and easy to use, but have heard alot about weebly too, all good.

Hi, can you please email a copy to me as well thanks.

@ssuk

Wouldn't you be able to copy and paste it here.

I would like to help, just don't want to repeat what you have already written

Cheers
Jack

I can do when im back at my computer.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

Yes would love to dee the guidelines too. I am over 40 you know and not great with this multi media stuff! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back