Building clientele

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginalhaytonxx

Reaction score
What has everyone found the best way to bring in clients? I've just started renting a room in a hairdressers but things are really quiet at the min :/ I've done a big leaflet drop, offers etc! X

Hi Gina :) building clientele takes time & is the hardest part so don't give up! Have you got a Facebook page or anything? A good way to attract interest is just to give people you know a quick text or ring saying something along the lines of 'Hello person, how are you? Just a quick text/ring to tell you that I've recently began a new business venture offering nails/tan/makeup (whatever it is for you) & thought you might be interested because A - you're going to St.Leger festival soon, B - You're going out at the weekend C - You like to be pampered! I'm renting a room at ..... so come in & see me soon, would be nice to have a catch up!'
You're close to me & no doubt a lot of people will be going to St.Leger so it's a perfect way to take advantage!

Hope things pick up soon :) I'll add more ideas if I think of them! x

Thanks :) yea im going to text clients when I have offers on etc but I'm so impatient & want lots of clients now but I know it doesn't work like that ha x

have you got a website??i get some of mine through people searching on the net,

ive done glitter tattoos at fetes etc where there are lots of mums and had my cards on the table,

wedding fairs? golf clubs, schools/guide groups etc, send them a voucher to raffle off,

can you do offers in association with the hairdressers?

what about doing the hairdressers nails so that they can promote you?

magnets on your car, local advertising magazines

theres a great thread on here by lynne baker if you do a search, you will need pen and paper though as its pages long by now but has great ideas xx

Nope I've not got a website, wasn't sure if it would bring many new clients in! Thanks for the advice :)

Well, the first thing I would do is get your nails on every hairdresser in the place, so when their clients see the nails and ask, the business will trickle down to you. You can offer the hairdressers a free service for every five clients they recommend that try your services. Use one of the hairdressers services possibly as a trade, and do the same for them.

Grab a cup of tea and have a read through this monster of a thread, compiled by some of the greatest names in this beauty business.

http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/8...l?highlight=more+ways+to+promote+our+business

Sorry if the links not been posted correctly. You'll have to copy and paste.

In the meantime if you want something "instant" work on a Facebook page and get sharing. I get a tonne of new business that way.

HTH

I'm doing my spray tan training from home throughout two nights. The last night I have decided that I'm putting up a spray tan party for some of my friends that I think will hopefully use me instead if elsewhere for their tans. I've said it'd be free and hopefully make an evening out of it, so they'll remember the evening next time their in need of a ran :) fingers crossed my plan works.

I set up a Facebook page and added my friends and that worked a treat, nobody really realised that I was doing shellac etc

It's such a long process getting clients :( keep at it!!
Xx

Latest posts

Back