Bullying children

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinknsparkly

Reaction score
So caught 5 children in a soft play area aged between approx 3 and 7 sat in a circle around my little girl who has just turned 3. They thought they were hidden from view but I frequently look to see what she's up to amd where she is... They were all taking it in turn to slap her in the face... she was just sat there looking bewildered and confused as to why they were doing it. I ran straight over and shouted what did they think they were all doing so they all looked shocked like opps we've been caught and ran away. The two seemingly ring leaders two little boys who appeared to be brothers and aged approx 3 and 6 ran to their mum who was sat near us they were crying as i had shouted and the eldest boy sat on his mums knee and started slapping her!! She acted as if nothing had happened and said how do you know they've done anything whilst giving me dirty looks (I saw everything very clearly).

So mad if my child had been caught doing that I would be mortified and make the child appologise and tell the child off not have them slap me and then stick up for them!!

Ended up walking off as was so angry and wanted to avoid a confrontation but wish I'd said more now....

My little girls face is all red, I really just told her they are very naughty and to make sure she tells me straight away next time...

I'm now worried this sort of behaviour is common and dread her going to school.

How would others have dealt with this other than walking off not sure what else I could have have done but so frustrating.

Honestly, I think you did the right thing. Just by the other parent's behavior, she didn't seem to think her baby did anything wrong.

No matter what you would have said, it would have fallen on deaf ears.

I'm so sorry your baby had this happen to her. :hug:

Honestly, I think you did the right thing. Just by the other parent's behavior, she didn't seem to think her baby did anything wrong.

No matter what you would have said, it would have fallen on deaf ears.

I'm so sorry your baby had this happen to her.

id have not only done what you did, I'd have reported it to management, in the places near me they would ask you to leave if your child is bullying

I think you did exactly the right thing, horrid though and I can understand your worries

This happened to my little girl when she was 3. She has never been confident and this was awful 2 children older than her sat across from her in the play area kicking her in the face taking it in turns. I heard her screaming ran up and same as you kids crying running off cos they had been caught. Mother was more interested in her phone. My daughter had a black eye a foot mark on her neck. And the owners never asked them to leave. A long time ago now. But I can feel your anger and sadness. Xxx

This is assault, not bullying.

Some parents are just idiots. Next time explain to her that it's a form of assault and if you have to you will take further action. That might scare her into actually parenting her kids.

This sort of behaviour is very common in soft play places and children's playgrounds.
A lot of parents/grandparents pay scant attention to what their children are doing, especially when they're over 5yrs as they are less likely to be the ones being hurt, and so you have to be super vigilant.

There's little point in asking or expecting other parents to chastise their little darlings so my advice is to keep a close eye on your little one at all times and remove them from harm immediately.

I found pre-school and school to be much safer environments for my little boy so try not to worry.

I agree , though bullying is a common problem most schools are very strict about this and keep a close watch on the kids.

Latest posts

Back