Bumpy Faced Geek

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danger Mouse

Reaction score
Help! Anyone have any remedies good for rashes??? one side of my lower cheek is covered and I just wanna itch it :sad:

Sudocrem?? Works a treat on bums! My friend swears by it on the spots on her face too!

Sorry I can't be more fashionable and offer you trendy solutions.. but this is what I would use!!!

CadenceAlex said:
Sudocrem?? Works a treat on bums! My friend swears by it on the spots on her face too!

Sorry I can't be more fashionable and offer you trendy solutions.. but this is what I would use!!!
thanks is it ok for rashes? its like a heat rash, :sad: I wanna put a bag over my face

What about calamine lotion if you are not going anywhere or seeing anyone.

tentips said:
What about calamine lotion if you are not going anywhere or seeing anyone.
pmsl I was just about to write no one suggest this I can just imagine it bumpy patchy geek ;) :sad:

Danger Mouse said:
pmsl I was just about to write no one suggest this I can just imagine it bumpy patchy geek ;) :sad:

Whoops, sorry! PMSL

Danger Mouse said:
Help! Anyone have any remedies good for rashes??? one side of my lower cheek is covered and I just wanna itch it :sad:

Is it an allergy, perhaps anti histamines (sp) would help

nailnerd66 said:
white vinegar compresses help ph the skin and reduce the itch, i used it when i use to get alergic contact dermatitis and when my children get poision oak i use baking soda and white vinegar compresses and in their cool temp bath water.

hope this helps

oooh I'll have these in the kitchen thanks:biggrin: but how long will it take to go do you reckon?;)

Danger Mouse said:
thanks is it ok for rashes? its like a heat rash, :sad: I wanna put a bag over my face

Sudocrem is an antiseptic cream for nappy rash, mainly used for babies

tentips said:
Is it an allergy, perhaps anti histamines (sp) would help

well I think I aggravated it, I'm decorating at the mo and it was there before I started but not so bad, it flared up yesterday when I got covered in undercoat and had to remove the specks on my face with (yes you guessed it) white spirit ;) I know, I know but I though it would be ok if I cleansed my face straight away now its worse, its my own fault really:sad:

Danger Mouse said:
well I think I aggravated it, I'm decorating at the mo and it was there before I started but not so bad, it flared up yesterday when I got covered in undercoat and had to remove the specks on my face with (yes you guessed it) white spirit ;) I know, I know but I though it would be ok if I cleansed my face straight away now its worse, its my own fault really:sad:

What are you like chicken?

SPIT ON IT :lick: (as my nan would say!) LOL LOL!

Seriously though, I would give savlon a go, or sudo cream. My mum is allergic to the sun, UVB Rays, and she comes out head to toe in the most awful big bumps that itch like crazy - the only thing she can put on them that does not make it worse and takes away the itching is Savlon or sudocream x

TRY PIRITON (ANTI - HISTIMINE)...i got it for a rash on my hands....works for all kind of rashes, stings etc...can only try...good luck

I would take the anti-histamines, they will take the itch out a little, then I would try using diluted lavender in cold water, dab that on it should sooth it and take both the burning and itch out of it, it works for me when I get a sun rash.

tinkerbelletips said:
TRY PIRITON (ANTI - HISTIMINE)...i got it for a rash on my hands....works for all kind of rashes, stings etc...can only try...good luck
I would agree with this.Piriton is fab.Had really bad rash on my neck and tried Piriton.Took about a week to clear but did the trick and stopped the need to scratch.

fificharlie said:
What are you like chicken?

SPIT ON IT :lick: (as my nan would say!) LOL LOL!

Seriously though, I would give savlon a go, or sudo cream.

I was just waiting for your reply pmsl spitting didn't work (eerrrrr yuk)

I think I'm gonna try the savalon, I won't be doing that again ;) I'm gonna suit and boot when I tackle the rest now.

Gonna get some Piriton too this has to be gone ASAP

Thanks Girlies

Paper bag with 2 holes Davinia?

Seriously, dont put anything on your face, skin cream, nor foundation, nor calamine and all that stuff.

Just moisturise all except that area. When the area starts to dry out, put a tiny bit of moisturiser on it, then go back to normal...

Make sure your pillow case is nice and clean, also use a head scarf at night. Wash your face twice daily.

With the weather cooling down, it should soon disappear!

ADiva1 said:
Paper bag with 2 holes Davinia?

Seriously, dont put anything on your face, skin cream, nor foundation, nor calamine and all that stuff.

Just moisturise all except that area. When the area starts to dry out, put a tiny bit of moisturiser on it, then go back to normal...

Make sure your pillow case is nice and clean, also use a head scarf at night. Wash your face twice daily.

With the weather cooling down, it should soon disappear!
pmsl I though about the bag.

I can't go out without my make up you must be mad! lol what you said is the same thing my mum said but thats like asking me to go out without my underwear:eek:

I've been suffering from terrible heat rashes this year, first time in about 21 years. I found a good one a day antihistamine tablet is great. Boots have the non drowsy one on offer at the mo - BOGOF! (I got some today that's how I know). Of course try not to scratch it and keep it cool. I've been wearing shorts and having to apologise to my clients, but it's either that or scratching the whole time.

A good Aloe Vera product is also very cooling. I don't recommend the white spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back