bumpy ridges on my nails after acrylic is taken off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minky

Reaction score
Hello ,
Can anyone tell me why I keep getting little bumpy ridges on my nails after I have had acrylic nails put on ?
I put them on myself so that I can practice my skills,
but when I remove them a few weeks or so later little bumpy waves appear on my natural nails especially the thumbs :confused:

What could I be doing wrong ? :rolleyes: or am I sensitive to them ?
this also happens with gel too .

Hello ,
Can anyone tell me why I keep getting little bumpy ridges on my nails after I have had acrylic nails put on ?
I put them on myself so that I can practice my skills,
but when I remove them a few weeks or so later big bumpy waves appear on my natural nails especially the thumbs :confused:

What could I be doing wrong ? :rolleyes: or am I sensitive to them ?
this also happens with gel too .

It sounds like you are blending the tips in too much causing damage to the natural nail hence the bumpy line when all is removed.

It sounds like overfiling to me... I'm assuming the lumps/bumps are horizontal?

When you are filing your existing product you need to ensure you're not filing your nailplate at the same time.

It seems to happen at the base of the nail as it is growing out ,

yes horizontal bumpy waves in the nails.

does this mean I am filing too much near the base of my nails ?

It seems to happen at the base of the nail as it is growing out ,

yes horizontal bumpy waves in the nails.

does this mean I am filing too much near the base of my nails ?

Yes!!
Have a read over Geeg's tutorial on perfect finishing, that should help.http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finishing-maintenance/8418-file-control-part-3-perfect-finishing.html

or if it is your application in the first place that is causing you all this filing in the zone 3 area...have a look over the brush control tutorial for zone 3....http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/9200-product-control-part-4-zone-3-making-disappear.html

Thank you izzidoll that was really helpful
and thanks to all you guys too:hug:

Latest posts

Back