Burning like hell!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope someone can give me some advice.

I normally use IBD gel for my gel clients but as I have been struggling with the white on pink and whites ( I find it is too thick and end up with a thick white tip!!!! :rolleyes: ), so I decided to try the Calcium pink and white gel by Nail Solutions.

Yesterday I had a try with the Nail Solutions gel and had no problem with the white but when I had applied the pink and placed my hand under the uv lamp I nearly died :lol: :lol: I have never experienced pain like it. Giving birth to my 9pounder was a doddle compared to the pain in my nails. ;)

After I had crawled down from the ceiling, I then edged my nails under the uv glare but not the actual lamp (if that makes sense). My nails are particularly thin at the mo and I know this can cause some discomfort, but has anyone else that this prob with this gel? I have never had this prob with IBD gel and I'm rather worried about using the Calcium gel on my clients.

If anyone can give me some advice on IBD white gel that would be great as I would prefer to stick with this . How can I get an even coverage without it looking like a ski slope :lol:

That's enough from me. PLEASE, please help me.

Hi louise

I too use IBD, when I do a french sculpt, I use Winter white, which has a brighter white to it. Sometimes it is good to do two thin layers of white instead of one thick one. I hope maybe that helps you.

Best of luck

Burining can happen with any gel (though some more than others). It is very important that you are using the manufacturers UV light with their system as this may have been the culprit (also as you mentioned the thin plates added to the blame).

There was a recent discussion on this where I replied with this-> http://www.thenailgeek.com/showpost.php?p=39387&postcount=8

That should help out a bit ;)

thenaillounge said:
Hi louise

I too use IBD, when I do a french sculpt, I use Winter white, which has a brighter white to it. Sometimes it is good to do two thin layers of white instead of one thick one. I hope maybe that helps you.

Best of luck

Hi Gina is that the IBD polish or a builder gel?

Louise

Winter white is one of the colour polishes. Overlay with either pink builder or clear.

Hi

Try applying your white with the fine end of a dotting tool you get the product on nice and thin with a sharpe smile line.

thenaillounge said:
Hi louise

Best of luck
I was wondering if you have any trouble with the ibd uv top coat? Every time I use it when it dries there are bubbles on the nail. I use it just like it says. 3 min, under the uv lamp which is from ibd. Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Nidia

Hi Gina and Tracey,

Thank you very much for your help. I'm off tomorrow to purchase the Winter White.

Hi Nidia,

I have sent you a pm.

Hi Plaoh, I used UV Gel as my primary service for a number of months and used IBD, Light Elegance and Tennails, I had a variety of wattage and quality of lamps and I asked my clients to put there hand into the lamp for 3 seconds, then remove, then back in for 5 seconds and then in for the full cure, this usually ensured that horrible burning feeling didn't occur, I was told (rightly or wrongly) that it is the speeding up of the polymers that cause friction and thus the burning sensation! xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back