Burning nails with gel polish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaziixxx

Reaction score
Just wanted some advice.
I recently changed my nail lady as my previous has gone on maternity leave
I have never been in so much pain and have heard of heat spike under the lamp but not when the gel polish has been applied.
I have builder gel on my nails. The lady filed them down by hand. applied the gel builder and cured it. Then when she was applying the gel colour and brushing it on. My nail felt on fire.
Does anyone know the reason for this??

Sounds like heat spike.

When your hand/nail started to spike in the lamp - did you remove it?
Did she offer to use the lower setting on her lamp?
Did you mention this to her?

This was whilst the colour was being applied ( brushed on )
Not under the lamp

Sounds like she might have over filed your natural nail. Did she use a white square buffing block or a thin flat file?
Most gel products require none or very little filing other than taking off the shine with a quick buff.
If you think over filing might be the problem, try another tech next time.

Oh how strange it shouldn't hurt whilst she was painting on the gel colour.

Can you talk me through the steps she took...

Oh how strange it shouldn't hurt whilst she was painting on the gel colour.

Can you talk me through the steps she took...

Of course. So i had builder Gel painted on by another lady. all fine but i had to find someone else.

So she hand filed my nails down to get old colour off and then applied a gel from a pot with a brush.
Then cured this under lamp - all fine no pain
Then i chose my colour and whilst she was painting it on. No heat or anything. It was burning everytime she took another stroke with the brush. But as soon as it went under lamp and cured it was fine. Then another layer - same burning hot pain

That's very strange! Usually you would get the burn whilst under the lamp!
How are your nails now?

Latest posts

Back