burning sensation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katieA

Reaction score
hi
i did a client a set of creative l& p and she returned yesterday for her second infill. she said that she wanted to keep them on as she was going to a wedding today but wants them removed next week because since she has been having them she has been experiencing a burning feeling under the enhancement and sore skin on her fingers. she said she had experienced a severe reaction on her cuticles and hands at another salon last time she had acrylic nails. i have told her she may be allergic to one of the products but i am not really sure what to tell her or if there is anything i could try differently next week instead of removing them. any advice guys? xx

When you had your consultation did she have any allergies? x

It does sound like an allergic reaction to the L&P, which may mean she won't be able to wear any L&P product at all.

If it is burning and sore all the time, then she should definitely have the product removed, or she will get a more severe reaction each time.

What do you use?

this could be a hard one, as you could do allergy test etc blah blah blah but that takes forever, and you dont get a proper result (in my opinion) i reckon you best off taking her nails off flower, you could try gel or fibre glass, not everyone is suited to l/p but you may be better trying one of the others, its worth a try tho , then at least you can get to know what she can and cant wear. plus as a good will gesture do them for free, then when you know what she can wear without a reaction, THEN CHARGE HER FOR IT

thanks for all you advice. i do her nails on a friday evening and she says they dont start hurting her until sunday and it lasts till wednesday!if it was an allergic reaction would it take this long for symptoms to appear? she has been coming to me for a while and usually has the backscratchers dipping system but has never had any problem with those, so maybe its the monomer she is reacting to?

thanks for all you advice. i do her nails on a friday evening and she says they dont start hurting her until sunday and it lasts till wednesday!if it was an allergic reaction would it take this long for symptoms to appear? she has been coming to me for a while and usually has the backscratchers dipping system but has never had any problem with those, so maybe its the monomer she is reacting to?

after reading this i think she may be trying to have one over on you flower - if they gonna hurt, burn etc it usually happens within 24 hours - she trying to get a free set off you hun - dont let her fleece ya:hug:

this is what i thought but i cant understand why she would want a free set as she says she is really dissapointed she going to have to have them removed as she prefers them to the ones she usually has! which makes me think she is actually telling the truth and they are causing her discomfort. so should i just remove them on friday and replace them with what she usually has? xx

Latest posts

Back