Burning Shellac remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsSmith

Reaction score
I have a client who has recently started getting shellac. She has been coming to me every 2 weeks for about 5 visits now to have it re-applied. Today she was booked in for removal and reapplication but during removal she said that all her nails on the nail bed were very very hot - burning infact. (The last time we did removal she made similar comments but her nails looked ok after removal) I removed the wraps straight away and the shellac came off no problems. The clients nails looked very thin and I advised her not to have shellac reapplied as I didn't want to hurt her during removal. She was a nail biter until very recently and this is why she wanted to get shellac to stop her biting. I use all genuine CND products, lamp and I don't buff the nails so no reason for the nail plate to thin. Does anyone know why the shellac remover would burn? I obviously don't want to hurt my client. Is this just thin nails, an effect of years of nail biting? There was no sign of allergic reaction like redness to the skin, itching etc. Thanks x

Hi mrs smith the only time I have had this soreness is if the clients nails have been previously buffed down (not by me) so really sensitive. If your using nourish remover and just applying for the 8mins in wraps. she hasn't been scraping under her nails cleaning them has she? Or has any pulls on her skin from biting that instead of nails? After 5 sessions they should be in pretty good shape sounds strange good luck with it xx

I find if clients are sensitive to remover eg you say she mentioned it last time then the next removal I have to do with that client I apply SolarOil first before wrapping, but that's for the skin around the nails not the actual nail bed so Don't know if it will help xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

There has been no scraping, and it's not skin around her nail it's the actual nail bed. I will double check with her about the cleaning under her nails but I don't think so. The nails haven't been buffed but they looked thin particularly one. She is booked in for 2 weeks time and I can assess her again. Thanks for the help x

Client just replied to my message, yes she does clean under her nails!! So is this the problem? Could the remover be seeping down to the nail bed? X

Client just replied to my message, yes she does clean under her nails!! So is this the problem? Could the remover be seeping down to the nail bed? X

I wouldn't think so if it's sensitivity on the surface of the nail plate but if its a stinging around that area it could well be if she's catching her hyponychium but from what ur saying it does sound like she has thin sensitive nails x

It's a burning sensation in the nail bed that she's experiencing. She has no cuts around the nail and it's not the skin around the nail that's burning it's right on the nail plate. I would have thought her nails would not be so thin as she really has been looking after them but the years of biting must be taking a while to reverse. I have asked her to be very careful when cleaning her nails to make sure she is not damaging the hyponychium but does anyone have any other advice or ideas what could be causing this? X

Latest posts

Back