Burning when filing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaB

Reaction score
Hi basically when doing infills (with nsi l&p) a few days ago the client said they were getting a burning sensation.. This made me so overly cautious for the following sets of nails i did.
But when i do my mums at home (i use cnd at home) she says she has never felt it and i even tried filing with more and less pressure and she said it was fine.
So how does it happen.. Its making me scared to file lol!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Ive experiemced this while having my own infills done by another tech. Doubt its anything to do with the system you use, id say its down to your technique. Filing too quickly can cause this, try and make sure you use the full length of the file and move to a different part after afew strokes. Also did the client have thin damged natural nails? If this is the case then the nail will be more sensitive to heat build up. Sorry if my comments seem abit obv, all i could think the problem was. Hth x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Hi basically when doing infills (with nsi l&p) a few days ago the client said they were getting a burning sensation.. This made me so overly cautious for the following sets of nails i did.
But when i do my mums at home (i use cnd at home) she says she has never felt it and i even tried filing with more and less pressure and she said it was fine.
So how does it happen.. Its making me scared to file lol!!

You will I'm sure have noticed that NSI is allot harder to file than CND so perhaps you are using a bit too much pressure and lingering in one spot for too long.

When a product is rock hard, the file moves much faster over the surface and more friction is created and therefore more heat as there is more air under the file. CND smooths with a file very very easily so you need much less 'elbow grease' and hard work; one of the many reasons I prefer to work with it. Whenever I do conversion classes for people using other products, they ALWAYS remark on how easy CND is to file. I'm sure you have noticed it.

You will I'm sure have noticed that NSI is allot harder to file than CND so perhaps you are using a bit too much pressure and lingering in one spot for too long.

When a product is rock hard, the file moves much faster over the surface and more friction is created and therefore more heat as there is more air under the file. CND smooths with a file very very easily so you need much less 'elbow grease' and hard work; one of the many reasons I prefer to work with it. Whenever I do conversion classes for people using other products, they ALWAYS remark on how easy CND is to file. I'm sure you have noticed it.

Yes it is much easier to file.. Well thanks for the tips ladies x

Latest posts

Back