Burns or reaction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessaarr

Reaction score
Can anyone help with this, got gels done and the person told me to flip over my hands in the uv lamp stage to cure the bottoms but now I have swollen gross fingers, I’ll attach some photos below. The doctor has given me some steroid cream to help but if anyone knows why it happed that would be good to know so I can tell the person so it doesn’t happen again.

Attachments

• CFA99FEA-68C2-40B7-8425-FC1FD78A8C53.jpeg
    CFA99FEA-68C2-40B7-8425-FC1FD78A8C53.jpeg
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 57
We aren’t allowed to diagnose medical conditions, so you’ve done the right thing going to a doctor. If it doesn’t go away make sure you go back.

It’s likely that one of the ingredients in the gels probably caused a reaction. Impossible to know exactly what caused it though, without further tests, usually undertaken by a consultant dermatologist.

In the meantime, stay away from any nail enhancements until it has completely cleared up.

Out of interest, was the person doing your nails a fully qualified Nail Tech and using professional brand products?

It’s likely that one of the ingredients in the gels probably caused a reaction. Impossible to know exactly what caused it though, without further tests, usually undertaken by a consultant dermatologist.

In the meantime, stay away from any nail enhancements until it has completely cleared up.

Out of interest, was the person doing your nails a fully qualified Nail Tech and using professional brand products?

I did think about that being an issue but I’ve been to her 3 times before this and it never happened. I’m not sure if she’s qualified specifically in nails but she has a certificate on her wall from somewhere for beauty stuff( I noticed it but never read it ) but yea she was using the gel bottle polish

You can be happily using the same product for many years and still suffer an allergic reaction as allergies can occur at any time. They often come on gradually after repeated exposure to an irritant. Chances are, you had a much milder response last time and didn’t even notice it.

You wouldn’t normally ask a client to turn their hands over in the lamp to cure the underside, so I’m wondering if she’s properly trained? Or, if she accidentally got some uncured product onto your skin, that could be the culprit.

In any event, give your fingers a chance to fully heal before you try any form of gel or acrylic nails. In your shoes, I’d be a bit wary and maybe ask for a trial of just a few fingers initially to see if there’s any further reaction.

Look after yourself.

Ooh that looks so sore! Just out of interest did they get hot when they were curing under the lamp? Hope whatever it is goes down soon.

Ooh that looks so sore! Just out of interest did they get hot when they were curing under the lamp? Hope whatever it is goes down soon.

It is pretty sore! Nah it felt warm but didn’t feel any different than the other times. Hopefully!

Latest posts

Back