Burnt hair from bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley20161958

Reaction score
Hi everyone wondered if you can help. I had my hair bleached by hairdresser and she’s burnt my hair really bad in parts at the roots but under the top of my hair. So you can’t see it unless my hairs up. Am I best cutting the little dry patches out and then use treatments to hydrate the rest of the hair or would that be a bad idea? I’m honestly devastated my hair was perfect condition until this happened. Thank you for any help

Probably best using a reconstructor and try and get it into a decent condition before you go cutting bits out (you'll have to wait a bit for it to regrow) i would only cut it as a last resort had a client come in with the same problem from her previous hairdresser we had to do a olaplex treatment every 2 weeks and eventually it started to feel like hair again xx

Thank you so much I’ll order some now. I’ve seen I shouldn’t wash my hair too often at the moment is that true? I had thought about doing hair mask every couple of days but not sure if I’ll end up damaging it more. Once I’ve used the olaplex am I best leaving it to dry rather than drying it with hair dryer?

Thank you so much I’ll order some now. I’ve seen I shouldn’t wash my hair too often at the moment is that true? I had thought about doing hair mask every couple of days but not sure if I’ll end up damaging it more. Once I’ve used the olaplex am I best leaving it to dry rather than drying it with hair dryer?
Yes definitely minimise heat styling. If you do need to use heat at any point make sure you use a heat protector and low heat.

Definalty minimise heat on your hair and when you wash it dont scrub it try to be gentle as possible. You could always use the masks on your hair on the weeks inbetween the olaplex xx

Yes definitely minimise heat styling. If you do need to use heat at any point make sure you use a heat protector and low heat.
I’ve got heat protecting spray but will leave my hair long as I can. Will hair oil help at all? Ive been googling all day but keep seeing pros and cons then found this page. Thank you so much for helping me

Definalty minimise heat on your hair and when you wash it dont scrub it try to be gentle as possible. You could always use the masks on your hair on the weeks inbetween the olaplex xx
I’ve heard you can wash your hair too much causing damage so if I did treatment/wash my hair 2-3 times a week would that be too much? I’m sorry for all the questions I think that’s the last one lol

You can wash the natural oils away i wash mine every other day and it seems fine so that should be fine x

Latest posts

Back