Bursaries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Successful24

Reaction score
City and Guilds Bursaries

Has anyone applied for this before? to be able to go back to college..
Im 24 years old in full time employment and i would like to go back to college and I've come across a City and Guilds Bursaries and I'm thinking about applying and thoughts on this

Many Thanks x

I don't know if this applies for all colleges but with the city of bristol college you can only get a bursary if aged between 19-24 and on a low income and/or benefits, you will need to apply for a 24+ loan which is similar to a university loan which u will not pay back until you have been qualified for 2years and earning over a certain amount per annum. I've gone back at college and have almost completed my level 3 in hairdressing I've had to get the 24+ loan due to not being on benefits and being over 24years.

Hope this helps a little

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't know if this applies for all colleges but with the city of bristol college you can only get a bursary if aged between 19-24 and on a low income and/or benefits, you will need to apply for a 24+ loan which is similar to a university loan which u will not pay back until you have been qualified for 2years and earning over a certain amount per annum. I've gone back at college and have almost completed my level 3 in hairdressing I've had to get the 24+ loan due to not being on benefits and being over 24years.

Hope this helps a little

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh i see il have to find out about that 24+ loan
Thank You

I think they only do a small amount of bursary funding and you've got to be pretty lucky to get one :0/
If you are over 24 and looking at doing a level 3 course then you can apply for a learning loan, you start to pay these back when your income reaches a certain amount, but the rates are pretty reasonable x

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back