Business account?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TipToe Nails

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondered what to do to open a business account, is it pretty straight forward? What do I have to do? Etc......
Hope you can help?

Its pretty much the same as opening a normal bank account you just need a few extra details like what your annual turnover is etc. but if you are a new business then you don't need to fill any of that in.

I can only comment on the bank im with but it took about four weeks to set up and im not sure if its because they offer free banking or just takes longer as its a business account.

Thanks for replying, I am new to it all so was a bit unsure. That's helped a lot. Thanks again.:green:

You just have to have a meeting with your bank. If you type business accounts on the internet it will give you a whole load of people who are prepared to offer you this and that and they send out starter packs for your purusal so you can pick which one you think suits you best.

HTH Teri x:hug:

I have recently opened my new business account with the Abbey National. There are absolutely no charges providing you stick to a few simple rules - you can't pay in more than 100 cheques a month - I wish, banking is over the internet so you can't just go into a branch and pay in or draw out over the counter. This suits me as I can't be bothered to queue - lol. I don't think you can pay in more than £10,000 a month either - again I wish.

Seems to be working for me so far. YOu get a cheque book, paying in book and a cash card, so no need to queue really. It might be worth you taking a look and I appreciate that it won't be for everyone.

Many years ago I opened a business account with Barclays and there charges were horrendous also when I closed the account they took £200 for closing it - cheek!

I am setting up my own business to, and have a business bank account with the Lloyds Tsb,(free business banking for 2 years) I took down a copy of my business plan and it was really pretty straight forward. They actually gave me a business pack with a cd in and all I had to do was answer the questions tweaked it a little on word and hey presto a business plan lol Also dunno how far you have got with the business but I'm happy to try and help with anything that I have done already, And you can get a grant from the Business Gateway for £1000.*****BUSINESS GATEWAY IS ONLY IN SCOTLAND***** But you should have a local office nearby for help with funding for a small business, the job centre should know if you cant find any info.

Best wishes and lots of luck xx

Thanks again for your replys, it's really helped! :)

I am setting up my own business to, and have a business bank account with the Lloyds Tsb,(free business banking for 2 years) I took down a copy of my business plan and it was really pretty straight forward. They actually gave me a business pack with a cd in and all I had to do was answer the questions tweaked it a little on word and hey presto a business plan lol Also dunno how far you have got with the business but I'm happy to try and help with anything that I have done already, And you can get a grant from the Business Gateway for £1000.

Best wishes and lots of luck xx
could you give me some information on the grant from business gateway as i have never heard of this and i am in the process of setting up in business and any extra funding would be great as i havnt managed to find any yet

Gordan Bennet! sorry (i just assumed) I think Business Gateway is just in Scotland, but if you go along to your local job centre or oppertunity centre they should have a local thing like this for funding for small businesses, they can help you with the business plan, tax etc sorry I can't be more specific but I should have checked it out 1st. Your job centre will be able to point you in the right direction with that though.
Also you can apply for funding from the princes trust up to £500, or you can get a loan from then think its up to £25,000.
Really hope this helps and if I can help you with any other aspect I will.

Best wishes and lots of luck xxxx

Unfortunatly you have to be under 30 to get this grant, i just missed it! I wish!

Aww well that counts me out im 35 so im too old for either of these grants, thanks anyway :hug:

Latest posts

Back