Business advice, know this is the best place for help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lexi :)

Reaction score
I have been offered a space in a coffee shop underneath. It's a room, quite a big room. And it's been offered to me for free in my local town centre..... What questions or worries would u have that I'd need to talk thru with the owner?
I've all ready got a few questions like.... What do u get out of it? To which was replied with to bring in more custom and to help u get started. I also have a question about a contract else they could just say one day... Sorry can u leave. Not fair on clients.... What are ur thought guys... Please help xx thanks in advance xx

Contract - how many days hours can you work

The room might be free but is the water? Electric? Gas?

Do they take s percentage of what you earn

Can you decorate it how you like

You buy your own products . Equipment or do they help out?

Why have they chose someone in beauty for under a cafe?

Thanks jade that's really helpful... I was thinking about insurance... I'm assuming they are covered for the enterence into the cafe.... I'm insured in the room... Would insurance be any different? Would I need a different one??

Yeah, as soon as the client steps foot in your beauty room anything that happens is then on you. So to be safe make sure you have insurance that covers trips, injury etc along with Insuring your tools, equipment etc. Direct line is great to go through. They cover everything you will need.

You need to be very careful here. If you’re not paying to rent the room, the coffee shop is under no obligation towards you and your clients.
What services are you providing? Have you got adequate lighting and ventilation? Is the room heated?
How will you divide the bills? Water/electricity etc.?
Will they give you a fair notice period?

It could be the perfect environment for starting your business but I think you need a written contract so that you know where you stand legally.

Thanks everyone for your advice... I will take it all on board xx

Latest posts

Back