Business advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

De4n.

Reaction score
So im an mobile hairdresser and im struggling what to do i worked in a salon before Christmas but the salon owner ended up letting me go i was self employed so no problem now i don't know what to do with my self i would like my own shop but not a clue how to do a business plan any help or advice?

thanks
Dean

Would you consider finding another chair to rent and build up your experience and clientele, or do you have a decent sized clientele already?

What is it about owning a salon that appeals to you?
Are you a keen entrepreneur?

Generally speaking, to open a salon you’ll need a decent chunk of capital to cover the initial expenses for setting up and kitting it out and enough cash to run it for at least 6 months without taking a proper income. Running a successful salon requires an additional set of skills besides being a good hairdresser so you might want to start looking for basic business courses that teach you things like cash flow, marketing, (social media/web design), employing staff etc.

Lots of city councils offer free short courses so start by googling free business courses and your area and see what’s available.

Hey thanks for the reply

so i did mobile for quite sometime but it was the salon that let me down and its really put me off

Latest posts

Back