Business cards - glossy or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I am about to order some more business cards and was just wondering if it would look better if they were glossy instead of matt. Does anyone know if this costs a heck of a lot more? My feeling at the moment is that they might look a bit more glam.

Guess you couldn't write on the back of them though. What do you think?

Hi,
Mine are glossy front but have an appointment card printed on the back and left plain so that you can write on them. I get them from vistaprint and they are quite cheap even for glossy.
Lilac

I have glossy ones as they last longer in peoples bags and purses they dont get all dirty and crumpled XxX

Mine are glossy too, but on the back they aren't so you can write on them, I personally like the glossy look. I got mine done from Vistaprint, but if you use that company, make sure you don't complete the survey, there was another thread on this just recently. :)

Mine are glossy too, but on the back they aren't so you can write on them, I personally like the glossy look. I got mine done from Vistaprint, but if you use that company, make sure you don't complete the survey, there was another thread on this just recently. :)

Ooh that's scared me - is there a link on this thread please? Only just joined on Tuesday. Thanks . . .

Ive just ordered my second batch from vista print they are glossy with a foil effect finish :hug:

I think glossy looks much better than matt but like others say it personal choice really :D
xxx

I must be the only person on here who likes matt then....!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

I am about to order some more business cards and was just wondering if it would look better if they were glossy instead of matt. Does anyone know if this costs a heck of a lot more? My feeling at the moment is that they might look a bit more glam.

Guess you couldn't write on the back of them though. What do you think?
I made the mistake of ordering the matt finish from Vista Print, they dont look as nice as glossy ones.
xxx:hug:

mine are laminated on one side, laminated cards make for a great toothpick in an emergency.:)

mine are laminated on one side, laminated cards make for a great toothpick in an emergency.:)

You crack me up Carl :lol:

I got matt ones from Visatprint and I was surprised how nice they look, as I was leaning toward glossy. I think its just a mtter of which design you choose with Vistaprint some will look better glossy than others.

I've just ordered some new ones from Vistaprint today because they've got a special offer on.

I ordered glossy with the foil finish.

I've had matt before, but I think the glossy finish makes the colours look brighter.

:lol: True or for getting muck from under your nails in an emergency!!:lol:

I've just ordered some new ones from Vistaprint today because they've got a special offer on.

Me too, I've always had glossy and people always remark on how nice they are.

Latest posts

Back