Business Cards, vouchers, etc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashadilly

Reaction score
Im looking to have a revamp of my business cards since ive changed my mobile number. Id also like to have some gift vouchers & reward scheme cards printed.

Ive looked on Moo & Vistaprint but is there anywhere else anyone would recommend?

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

We do printing and there many other printers all over the country. Main thing to check is the thickness of the product (gsm) and compare based on this.

I've used goodprint as they have a discount at the moment and my items came next day and really nice quality little business cards actually!
I don't recommend zazzle though, I thought they were good as I could design my own flyers but when they arrived I didn't realise how small the writing was actually going to be-also they took 12 days to arrive I was getting really pissed off!!x

You were upset then....yes? ha ha

I've used goodprint as they have a discount at the moment and my items came next day and really nice quality little business cards actually!
I don't recommend zazzle though, I thought they were good as I could design my own flyers but when they arrived I didn't realise how small the writing was actually going to be-also they took 12 days to arrive I was getting really pissed off!!x

Good print seem good if you're in a rush but you do pay a premium to get it next day :)

Good niche in the market though. I imagine there very busy as the pricing isn't the worst ive seen for a 24hr printer.

You were upset then....yes? ha ha

Just a little bit! 😝
It was when I first started so really couldn't wait to get my leaflets out there!haha

Hello, I have used soloprint they deliver for free! Get a sample pack sent out it gives you a good Idea as to what size and gsm to get 😊 but I stick to visaprint for my business cards. X

Brilliant, thanks everyone - ill have a look!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Does anyone know anywhere apart from zazzle that let's you design online??
I have my logo to upload then I just want to add text but they all want the file already made to upload and I haven't got publisher as on a MacBook! X

Publisher isn't a design program anyway.
You could download a demo of adobe illustrator or photoshop. Illustrator being the better in my personal opinion.

Most decent printers don't allow to design online as the system to allow people to do so is several hundred pounds per month for the license and system. I know even if I had 20 clients a week use it I'd never make the costs back at all. I'd be losing.

Thanks BP! I downloaded a trail of apples 'iWork' with pages where your meant to be able to create flyers but I want A6 and they're all A4!

Thanks BP! I downloaded a trail of apples 'iWork' with pages where your meant to be able to create flyers but I want A6 and they're all A4!

Yeah, again it's not a design program. Illustrator is the one but you need to have an understanding of quiet borders, bleed, CMYK vs RGB colours and dpi. If all this sounds jibberish then I'd recommend using a designer such as Carl from verve. His prices are so reasonable that in all fairness it will save you the challenge and headache.

Thankyou, I actually used to work in a printers so I do understand bleed and some bits. I just really want to do it myself but I can't set anything up as A6.

If you use illustrator and click create new then put in the bleed settings and the size of A6 in mm. (105mm x 148mm). Then once created create guidelines 5mm from each edge then create away.

Thankyou that's so helpful.
I'm downloading it now but it's very slow! It's at 16%

It's a big big big program and make sure not running anything else same time. Quite power hungry.

Do you know what bleed settings I should put in?

Latest posts

Back