Business cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Lou

Scatty Blonde Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi geeks, xxx

Im in the process of doing my own business cards. You know for leaving in salons giving out to friends etc. I need some help as to what to put on them and what not to put on them. For example should I state my prices or just put telephone number or put eg. acrylic overlay from such a such a price.

If any of you have done anything like this could you give me a few ideas as Im starting to get the ball rolling now for my mobile business. Or maybe send me a pic of your own b.cards

Any help much appreciated

Cheers girls xxxx

higher sarah im in the same process as you althoug i havent decided what to have yet i wouldnt advise prices on you business card in case you increase prices etc do a seperate price list. i would state what you do phone number qualifications etc that sort of thing , maybe youcould add thelogos of the system you use or to show you were insured.

just a few ideas hope this helps.

I got my business cards from the web - really cheap, although to have something on the back costs more. I paid about £12.50 for 250 cards and they are great. Vistaprint have special discounts going just now.

Hi Sarah!
I have dune my own business cards which look really nice.
what i have on mine is:

Name of (Salon)

Nail Technician

Manicure
Pedicure
Nail extensions
Nail art
for more info or to book an appointment
Then i have my name and phone number

i hope this is some help, if you what me to try and send you a pic then i'll have to ask a friend of mine for help.

Hi nailnovice just had a look at vistaprint, they have an offer of 250 free business cards 30 designs to choose from. I see what you mean about the printing on the back though, it is a bit expensive.

Star maybe you should take a look at the website too hun, for free you cant complain.

Cheers for the advice girls

Hi ya, I made my own, so on the back I could have it as an appointment card too, with date time and treatment.

on front i have my logo, and company name, my name, my home no and mobile no, vat reg no and i also put a couple of the company logos of the products i use.

its really easy to do and costs much less!

You'll have loadsa fun makin them.:green:

If u want people to no ure current prices, do a leaflet drop. use a post card size, again put logo, company name, ure name, phone no's address if nesc' logos of products used and a few examples of prices, details of any special overs, such as bring this flyer to first appointment and get in-fill 1/2 price, or tell a friend and get 10% discount etc.

U'll reach loadsa people, and if u run a limited special offer, they will be more likely to visit u.

Hi Luckybird,

Did you have to use a special cd rom, programme for this or did you just use word hun? Does sound fun adding your personal touch and all that.

just used publisher. they have all of it laid out for u, no matter ure computer knowledge it was easy. just swap everything around on it, add a second page, and hey presto, all done!!:p

What about the card used - did you have a special printer?

No special printer, I got hold of a load of slightly shiny card, and used that.

I just had to be careful when they were drying, I had to take the card off the tray as soon as it was printed and put it to one side leave them for a bit, then reload that card to do the other side. When other side was dry, got craft knife and cut them out.
It's best not to let the second print out come out on to the first print out so u must move it straight away to prevent smuging. Annoying I no, but u get brilliant results. Also make sure u print them tiled, so u don't waste card.
U just have to b patient, like if u were printing out photos.:green:
Hope this has helped!:)

I'm just such a control freek, I had to do my own cards coz i would have had a paddy if they didn't turn out right! :twisted: Even when it came to my wedding, I was at the mannor house setting all the places out, even made my own invites, as no one made them like I wanted and wanted them to be purr-fect! LOL Im sooooo sad!!!!:lol:

luckybird21 said:
No special printer, I got hold of a load of slightly shiny card, and used that.

I just had to be careful when they were drying, I had to take the card off the tray as soon as it was printed and put it to one side leave them for a bit, then reload that card to do the other side. When other side was dry, got craft knife and cut them out.
It's best not to let the second print out come out on to the first print out so u must move it straight away to prevent smuging. Annoying I no, but u get brilliant results. Also make sure u print them tiled, so u don't waste card.
U just have to b patient, like if u were printing out photos.:green:
Hope this has helped!:)

I'm just such a control freek, I had to do my own cards coz i would have had a paddy if they didn't turn out right! :twisted: Even when it came to my wedding, I was at the mannor house setting all the places out, even made my own invites, as no one made them like I wanted and wanted them to be purr-fect! LOL Im sooooo sad!!!!:lol:
You can also get special packs (i know WH Smith do them) which are sheets of card which are marked ready to break up into business cards (10 to a page) once you've printed them which takes the hassle out of having to cut them up with a knife. I use them and i think they're really good.

I make my own cards. Just use coloured card and use a business card template, Print cut out and I laminate mine so they last longer ;)

didn't no u cud get them pre cut! cool!!!:)

Only shame is, can't laminate, as I also use my bus cards as appointment cards, so they've gotta be on shiny card! Boo Hoo :|

glad u said that tho gives me a few ideas to chew over too!

Latest posts

Back