Business closing, what can I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citychic123

Reaction score
Sad times im afraid, after nearly 3 years of owning and running my salon we have had to close due to the lease coming to an end...they wanted a 10 year commitment!! and double the rent we pay now! We were one of the first to start the flabeloss craze and have over 4000 people on our books!

Obviously having to close this quick has left me in a slight financial issue...has anybody got any ideas of who may want to buy our equipment and if there is anything I can do with the 4000 customer details, they have signed to share their information and I am not planning on setting up another shop...can I sell the details? and if so who to?

Good luck salon owners...its a hard time!

aww how sad. Dont be disheartened, had you got a solicitor to help with the leasehold- they could have helped. Regarding equipment, how about asking the manufactorer if they would sell on on as refurbished seconds? xoxo

Hi this is a real shame especially since you are doing so well in business. Can i ask why you dont want to move to another salon to continue your success?

Hi.

Sorry to hear about your lease. Unfortunately a lot of landlords are increasing rents at the moment. Seems so stupid to me.

Regarding the closure of your business you will only get someone or people to buy the equipment and fixture and fittings. The 400 people would be classed as goodwill, unfortunately it is not valued highly as clients are not loyal esp if they have to go to a new owner in a different location.

If you were to re-locate the business and sell on. You will be in a better financial situation. And someone is more likely to buy it inc the goodwill, as the clients are already going to the new place.

Hope you get it sorted out ok.

Hth

Carla-Jane

Do you have a local Gumtree?x

Latest posts

Back