Business dilemma.......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzybaby

Reaction score
I am in such a confusion. I have recently opened my home salon, it has been slow to pick up which I expected, I was quite happily plodding along enjoying my free time even tho I'm skint.

Now another business opportunity has appeared. nothing to do with the beauty industry, it is a indoor market food shop selling hot and cold foods.
It's really busy and has a fab reputation, the guy who is selling it is an Italian chef who has just opened a restaurant.

I don't know what to do my head is in bits trying to make a decision.
I have to tell him today, I have worked there, everything is clean and it's a good price. the money it makes i couldn't make in a day in the salon as there isn't enough hours.

Can I manage the shop and my salon part time?
Are there many geeks who have full time jobs and their beauty business?

My aim is get the shop, work there full time and let my other business grow word of mouth then get a manager in the shop and run my beauty business?
Is this possible?
Sorry for going on abit I've been awake all night trying to decide any input or advise would be greatly recieved!!!
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

when i first began my training i worked full-time and ran my business but i then found that once i increased my treatment list i got busier so i had to work part-time so i had enough time to see my clients. i found it too hard to work full time and treat clients

could you not possibly get someone in and you do some sort of job share at the food shop?

when i first began my training i worked full-time and ran my business but i then found that once i increased my treatment list i got busier so i had to work part-time so i had enough time to see my clients. i found it too hard to work full time and treat clients

could you not possibly get someone in and you do some sort of job share at the food shop?

Thanks for your reply

I have accepted the business and I begin on the 26th August.
Now I have made the decision to go with the catering business my phone is ringing for the beauty business!!!

My plan is to run the business until my salon takes off and then get a manager in to run the catering business for me then I can concentrate on my passion Nails....

I think I'm in for a long slog tho and a lot of hard work but I felt this was a opportunity not to be passed up so I hope it 'll be worth it !!!!

Latest posts

Back