Business Facebook page

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
I wa wondering if someone was able to help...

I'm trying to set up a business account on Facebook, but it keeps coming up with an error!
I have filled in my details (business name etc) gone to the next page, filled in email address and password etc (I selected that I did not already have a fb account as I don't want it to be linked to my personal account) I have filled in the security words (CAPCHA or whatever they are called lol) and pressed ok and it just keeps coming up with an error saying
"something went wrong"

Grrrrr it's so annoying!!! Is it something I am doing? Has anyone else had a problem setting up a business account on fb. I have reported the issue too, but no reply :(

I wa wondering if someone was able to help...

I'm trying to set up a business account on Facebook, but it keeps coming up with an error!
I have filled in my details (business name etc) gone to the next page, filled in email address and password etc (I selected that I did not already have a fb account as I don't want it to be linked to my personal account) I have filled in the security words (CAPCHA or whatever they are called lol) and pressed ok and it just keeps coming up with an error saying
"something went wrong"

Grrrrr it's so annoying!!! Is it something I am doing? Has anyone else had a problem setting up a business account on fb. I have reported the issue too, but no reply :(

hi, maybe do a clean on your computer and try again, im terrible on computers and facebook are useless if you need help so hope you can sort it before throwing it out the window!!! (thats how computers get me)
good luck, hopefully you will get there xx

Thanks hun. Tried a clean :( deleted all cookies and tried from another pc :-( no joy .... Pooooop I need it by Saturday!!! :(

Have you tried the help pages on FB? I created my page after already having a personal account and it all went ok, sorry. Maybe FB was playing up at that time and you may have better luck later on.

Have you tried the help pages on FB? I created my page after already having a personal account and it all went ok, sorry. Maybe FB was playing up at that time and you may have better luck later on.

Yes had a look on help and couldn't find anything :(
What happens if you already have an account? Does it link it? So it is connected to your account as such? An everyone on your business page see everything on your personal page? How does it work ? :-/

Ahh no! I don't no what to suggest, I only have a business page, maybe they have to be linked! Sooo sorry I hope someone can help you x x

Ahh no! I don't no what to suggest, I only have a business page, maybe they have to be linked! Sooo sorry I hope someone can help you x x

Poooooop thanks anyway hun :) xxx

Facebook don't want businesses to have accounts just a like page or group you make these from your account. If you put the name of a business to sign up to Facebook they won't let you do it x

Not the best at computers but why not try selecting you already have an account. Are you using the same email address to register with as you did with your other account? That could be why. If not then I don't k ow! Also if you change your security settings on your personal fb so it's private then if they do link up clients wont see your personal unless they ate friends. Hth!

I'm so confused :-/ lol
I do have a page connected with my current personal fb. But it's not a business page and it's connected to my personal one, so I have to add people to my personal fb and invite them to join my page :( I'd rather just have a business page, that way people can request to be added and I can add people without having them On my personal page.
There is an option in the register page. Click here to set up a business page (something along those lines lol) so that's what I tried and it's not working :( when I try to create a normal account it says it won't accept the name!!! It's so frustrating, I am using a different email address too, as I don't want it linked to my personal email address!!! Raaaaar!!! Lol!
Thanks everyone, I'll keep trying! X

I'm confused!

You have a personal page
You have a 'like' page made from your personal page

You tried to create another page, without logging into your personal page, using a different email. But when creating the name, you used a business style name and FB didn't like it.

Have I kept up? :D

Ok ..... I think I may have done it.... I've had to create a normal fb page with my business email address then go to 'create a business page' and say 'I already have an account' .... I think it's worked and in no way shape or form is it linked to my personal one!!! Yipeeee! Thanks geeks xxx

Sounds like you're in! :D

Ok ..... I think I may have done it.... I've had to create a normal fb page with my business email address then go to 'create a business page' and say 'I already have an account' .... I think it's worked and in no way shape or form is it linked to my personal one!!! Yipeeee! Thanks geeks xxx

Well done! Don't forget to put it on biz section for Facebook page on here so you can get some likes :) x x

Well done! Don't forget to put it on biz section for Facebook page on here so you can get some likes :) x x

Will do when I've done it all :) thanks hun xxx

Just for future reference facebook is no longer allowing certain names that are associated with business sp tpur username can now not be business related ...

Things such as Salon, Beauty, Boutique and place names and such like breaches their name policy

Im called Shahildar Boutique
& i literally had to put Shahildar Boutiqu ... Then explain in the about me section that i can spell just facebook is being picky!!

Annoying because i personally know business accounts that were set up some time ago but they dont get told off! :p

The above is regarding an actual 'personal account' for business use ie to add friends

Pages for businesses are fine but they are liked and the 'page' cant look for people randomly to market

Latest posts

Back