Business idea feedback needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey! I am trying to grow my business and am wanting to team up with salon owners or self employed hairdressers and beauty therapists who are wanting to earn money for themselves 24 hours a day. The client would receive 10% off any products on our website and the owner would receive a 10% referral bonus paid monthly on anything that the client purchases with their code. If the client passed on the code to their friend, they would also earn commission on this too. I don't know if this is something that people would be interested in as is 10% enough to be giving out? We have quite small profit margins so we cant be too flexible! Would love some feedback before i go pitching it around my local area! The idea is to target salons/ self employed that don't carry their own stock yet we can help them to provide a range of choice for their clients without the overhead costs.

The idea is to target salons/ self employed that don't carry their own stock yet we can help them to provide a range of choice for their clients without the overhead costs.

Hi, not sure I fully understand the concept.

Would you be holding the stock or just a middle man between me and the buyer? If I still deal with postage, etc then why would I give you 10%?
Are you selling a range of things I wouldn't normally stock or sell? In which case my clients wouldn't come to me anyway.

I work from home but still retail items, I hold a small working stock, if the client wants something I have to order especially I deliver it to them on arrival or they wait until next appointment.

I have details of my retail items on my website so they can order anytime, or just text/call.

Perhaps I'm not understanding the concept properly - sorry

Hey, so we hold all the stock and deal with postage, packing etc - we give YOU the 10% on anything that your client buys off our website but all you have to do is simply talk about it or give them your unique salon code to use. For example, you might talk about a product and then go onto the website to purchase it and end up buying 4 other things - you earn on that too. We have only professional brands currently 9 of them so we have alot more for your clients to choose from than what your average place would have.

Does that help anymore?

Hey, so we hold all the stock and deal with postage, packing etc - we give YOU the 10% on anything that your client buys off our website but all you have to do is simply talk about it or give them your unique salon code to use. For example, you might talk about a product and then go onto the website to purchase it and end up buying 4 other things - you earn on that too. We have only professional brands currently 9 of them so we have alot more for your clients to choose from than what your average place would have.

Does that help anymore?

Ah! OK I see :D

I can't say it immediately catches my interest or attention, I would only be talking to clients about items I recommend, if I'm confident enough to recommend them, then I'd be confident enough to stock and retail them myself. Retail is where the most money is, why would I pass that to someone else?

There's no guarantee the client would use your website, even if I gave them a link, they'll Google for the cheapest price and buy there. Even if I told them I got an affiliate referal I suspect their urge to save money would over-ride their loyalty to me.

I'm not trying to be negative, you asked for feedback, so I'm trying to see how I could make it work in my one-person, home-based salon environment and I'm not sure how or if I could.

Good luck with the venture, I hope you can get it off the ground, in this climate all new businesses deserve to fly

Thank you for your comments! No I totally understand where you are coming from thats why I thought I would stick it in here first to get a feel for it! We are very competitively priced right now and are some of the lowed priced on the internet but yes that the trouble with online everyone is looking for a bargain!

With regards to stock, for yourself lets say you are focused on beauty in your home salon but you casually got chatting about hair etc it might not be feesible for you to stock hair products as there is not that much interest from your clients, yet you could guide them towards our site with your code and still earn a few extra pennies

But thank you, I really hope it does too! Hope your own salon is picking up nicely too now that we have a little bit more freedom! :)

You basically want to create an affiliate program. Google "how to create an affiliate program"

Also go after bloggers in your local area and podcasters.

Btw, 10% is more than adequate.

Latest posts

Back