Business Name

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think 'Faking Perfect' is fabulous!! I did not read it as a swear word when I saw it, and if other people do, then at least they will not forget you!!

I used to live near a chip shop called 'Fat Basturds'!, it was always busy and people always remembered the name.

Stand out from the crowd I say

Good Luck.

Lisa x

I think 'Faking Perfect' is fabulous!! I did not read it as a swear word when I saw it, and if other people do, then at least they will not forget you!!

I'm a "more mature" person and it never crossed my mind that it wasn't exactly what it read...FAKING PERFECT. It wasn't until it was mentioned on here that I thought that yes it could be misconstrued, but if your clients are mature like me they probably wont click to the play on words and if they are younger they will probably think it clever.

I wasn't originally going to reply to this thread as when I first read it I couldn't make up my mind whether I liked it or not, but after all the thoughts listed above thought I would add my two pence worth. If you like it and sit comfortably with it then go for it. I was going to call my business Perfect 10 but then thought about driving around with this sign written on my car door and went totally off the idea. Im not "that Perfect: !

Rebecca

I have finaly got a name.

Faking Perfect

OK, what do you think. I really do i like it and i have checked everywhere i can think of and its not in use. But my only doubt is would some clients be put off by it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, xxx.

It's brilliant ....... BUT, there are always gonna be those people that will suggest "Caroline's Cuticles" (get me a bucket) "Nails by Caroline" (there's a lump in my esophagus) "Caroline's Cuticle Cottage" (blowing chunks) etc

.......there is a HUGE shortage of imaginative names (shall I list them) ?

Wishing you all the best in your new venture (and adventure) with your new name..........

Yours Truly
"FLUFFY WUFFY FINGERNAILS"
:lol:

It's brilliant ....... BUT, there are always gonna be those people that will suggest "Caroline's Cuticles" (get me a bucket) "Nails by Caroline" (there's a lump in my esophagus) "Caroline's Cuticle Cottage" (blowing chunks) etc

.......there is a HUGE shortage of imaginative names (shall I list them) ?

Wishing you all the best in your new venture (and adventure) with your new name..........

Yours Truly
"FLUFFY WUFFY FINGERNAILS"
:lol:

Thankyou so much :hug:, "Fluffy wuffy fingernails":).

After a nights sleep and a lot of thought i am going with

Faking Perfect

Nail Enhancements

I loved it to start with, so i am gonna stick with it. Thanks for all your replys, very much appreciated :hug:. xx

good for you, sometimes we know whats best :)

i understand what you've been going thru, cos im at the same stage myself, I finally decided on a name for my salon, but i think i'll save it for a new thread, don't want to hijack yours.

Best of luck

Thankyou so much :hug:, "Fluffy wuffy fingernails":).

After a nights sleep and a lot of thought i am going with

Faking Perfect

Nail Enhancements

I loved it to start with, so i am gonna stick with it. Thanks for all your replys, very much appreciated :hug:. xx
i like it now you have added nail enhancement,s to it.....i thought when you said you will add nails to the end it would be "faking perfect nails" i like the one you have ....you have had input in this and thought long and hard so well done to you for not giving up!! xx

I like faking perfect nails !
more than just faking perfect...I have read all replies and i hope I dont offend you by saying this..

what is your target market ?
such as average age range..financial situation of the majority of target clients...ect.

Because the word faking could put off those clients who want to steer away from the fake look nails...whereas to some people this may come accross that all of your enhancements look "fake" instead of the perfect word standing out,

I like the fact it could sound like the swearword if said in the wrong way lol.
I really do like that,

I think choosing a business name is harder than the bloomin training...it took me months to choose mine and gave me lots of stress and headaches..

Im sure not everybody likes mine..so you do have to go with what you feel is right..

i like it now you have added nail enhancement,s to it.....i thought when you said you will add nails to the end it would be "faking perfect nails" i like the one you have ....you have had input in this and thought long and hard so well done to you for not giving up!! xx

Thankyou for your support :hug: xx.

I like faking perfect nails !
more than just faking perfect...I have read all replies and i hope I dont offend you by saying this..

what is your target market ?
such as average age range..financial situation of the majority of target clients...ect.

Because the word faking could put off those clients who want to steer away from the fake look nails...whereas to some people this may come accross that all of your enhancements look "fake" instead of the perfect word standing out,

I like the fact it could sound like the swearword if said in the wrong way lol.
I really do like that,

I think choosing a business name is harder than the bloomin training...it took me months to choose mine and gave me lots of stress and headaches..

Im sure not everybody likes mine..so you do have to go with what you feel is right..

That is why i was unsure at start of this thread, because i didnt want to alienate certain clients. But after much consideration i am willing to give it the time it needs to see how it develops. If in the future i think it is depremental to my business then maybe i would consider a rethink on the name, but to be honest, i think it will be fine, lol i may be wrong!

And no you didnt offend me at all. it was a perfectly reasonable post and you have enough inteligence to articulate yourself in a proper manner, iykwim:wink2: . Thanks for reply and i do like yours, it is always better when the two words start with the same letter it has better rememberance factor , not sure if that made sense lol.

you have enough inteligence to articulate yourself in a proper manner, iykwim:wink2: .

:green: THANKYOU :green:
this is something I don't think has been said to me before lol.....me !!! intelligent and articulate in the same sentence lol :lol:

I'm chuffed to bits now :hug:

Apologies but I think my post has been taken totally the wrong way. It was in no way what so ever intended as a put down, I was trying to give an outside opinion...maybe not worded very well however thats why I did add the line that it is not what you are...it is what it suggests to me...my opinion. Thats what I was trying to express but obviously it has been takien personally and I am sorry about that.

If I was walking down the street and saw this name then thats what would spring to mind..however as you can tell by the other posts it is not what everyone thinks...thats why we post...to gain opinions and help make decsions. Sometimes it is good for people to disagree with your descisons as it makes us more determind to do what we are advised not to, especially if it is contraversial. On a positive note I like the name better now with the nail enhancements bit added on and I hope you can accept that I was just trying to give a varied opinion on you question.

:green: THANKYOU :green:
this is something I don't think has been said to me before lol.....me !!! intelligent and articulate in the same sentence lol :lol:

I'm chuffed to bits now :hug:

You are more than welcome, lol. :)

don't like it, just doesn't make sense.
although now you've put a strap line underneath, I know now what you are offering.
try saying the name over and over and over, imagine taking a phone call and saying FAKING PERFECT, can I help you.

but, lots of peeps on here love it, and you obviously love it too, so you cant please everyone.

Hmmmm, odd one. I was just typing out a reply to say I hate it, I think it sounds tacky, no one wanting professional nails would take you seriously etc, but as I was typing and saying the name to myself, it has kind of grown on me. I think you would need to make sure that your shop sign looked professional and classy, if it was done wrong it could still come across as tacky, but actually I think I quite like it, and its definitely original.

One thing though, will you be answering your phone with "Good morning, Faking Perfect"? that might not sound good if someone misheard!!!!!!:green:

p.s - just thought I'd let you know that I half woke up at 6am this morning with the name faking perfect drifting through my head then I went back to sleep again!! So its certainly a name that sticks in peoples minds, well, mine anyway!!

p.s - just thought I'd let you know that I half woke up at 6am this morning with the name faking perfect drifting through my head then I went back to sleep again!! So its certainly a name that sticks in peoples minds, well, mine anyway!!

lol ! :lol:

So maybe it will be ok, if it can make people dream about it. Just hope not for the wrong reasons (Fingers crossed). Thanks for post, cheered me up. xx.:)

Hiya chick.. I think your name is wicked totally wicked!!!! I am totally behind nailzoo......too many of the same old same old types of names, dare to be different thats what I say.....my business name.....UGLEES - FOR WOMAN WHO FAKE IT!

Gets me noticed everytime!!!!

You go girl!!

:hug::hug::hug:

Hiya chick.. I think your name is wicked totally wicked!!!! I am totally behind nailzoo......too many of the same old same old types of names, dare to be different thats what I say.....my business name.....UGLEES - FOR WOMAN WHO FAKE IT!

Gets me noticed everytime!!!!

You go girl!!

:hug::hug::hug:

Thanks tonilee, you can take some of the credit for it. I had another thread asking for advice on a business name, and you told me about yours and it set me on a whole new trail of thought. I was gonna go with the basic like glamour etc, but you inspired me. So Thank You, im really pleased with it. xxxxxx:hug::hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back