Business Name

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 17597

Reaction score
I have finaly got a name.

Faking Perfect

OK, what do you think. I really do i like it and i have checked everywhere i can think of and its not in use. But my only doubt is would some clients be put off by it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, xxx.

Some may be put off by it. But you have to think about your target audience. Its like the difference between British Airways and Virgin Atlantic. Some like the more friendly / fun attitude of Virgin, where others prefer the more formal approach of BA. The same for your business, some may be put off but others will love it.

Mat

Hi

I had the same dilema with a business name.

I personally think if you misread it, it would sound like f***king perfect.

get what I mean, id be very carefull about the name if i were you, im not but think about it alot before u do any leaflets etc.

just my opinion sorry if its not what u wanted to hear.:eek:

It's quirky and a bit close to the edge and some (probably younger) people will think its cool but I think you have to know who your target clientèle is and also what does it say about your business, you and your professionalism.

Don't get me wrong I'm not implying that your not professional but you have to think how the public will view it.

It's quirky and a bit close to the edge and some (probably younger) people will think its cool but I think you have to know who your target clientèle is and also what does it say about your business, you and your professionalism.

Don't get me wrong I'm not implying that your not professional but you have to think how the public will view it.
have to agree here....although it will attract young pclient,s you want older generation aswell....some people can get real funny even about a name and when i first read it i had to look again as i thought it said f***ing!!!! although i like it,s different hun.xxxx

As Lavender Rose mentioned it could be misread however that could go to your advantage. When people misread things they tend to go 'what the?' and take a closer look. I know how hard it is to find a good business name so provided you're happy with it and it matches with the client base you're trying to attract then it'll be perfect for you.

I think it would look great as a name for a sunbed shop but thats all.....I don't think it portrays the correct image for a beauty/nail salon.

I also think that the name of a shop/salon is a good talking point but how could you discuss this when the only thing it screams is a swear word?? Although it is very clever and would get people to look twice I think majority of people would find it offensive.

I used to wear alot of FCUK clothes which my husband found offensive...to the point were he refused to go to the school concert with me because I was wearing a tshirt with that wording plastered across the front. He said it gave off the wrong message to the children and other parents. When I thought about it he is right. I was only 20 at the time and had thought it was a cool brand however as I was now married with step children I have to look at things in a different prespective. Image is everything.

What I am trying to say by my above explanation is that as someone mentioned early you may attract a younger clientele but more mature clients may be put off. Your name says alot about you and your personality as well. You need to choose something that represents you and what you do, my personal opinion is that this name sends people the wrong signals, to me the following things spring to mind when I think of the name - first business, straight out of college, cheap, chav, immature, loves herself!!

I am not saying you are any of the above things..please do not take this the wrong way...I am just trying to be as honest as possible and give you an honest point of view...I am positive that you could think of something as clever yet less offensive..

Thankyou for all of your input and i will take some of your advice on board.
I do understand about it being close to the mark, but i do have weird sense of humour. What i need to work out is do i rebel and risk alienating potential clients or do i play it safe. Unfortunately i dont like to play it safe.:)

Your name says alot about you and your personality as well. You need to choose something that represents you and what you do, my personal opinion is that this name sends people the wrong signals, to me the following things spring to mind when I think of the name - first business, straight out of college, cheap, chav, immature, loves herself!!
In my opinion i think that is a bit below the belt, i asked for input not putdowns.
I am not saying you are any of the above things..please do not take this the wrong way...I am just trying to be as honest as possible and give you an honest point of view...I am positive that you could think of something as clever yet less offensive..
I understand that, but i still think its below the belt. Maybe i am seeing it from a different angle, i saw it as a humourous thing but also a play on words that involved the business, because that is basically what we are doing we are faking perfect nails. Maybe i should add the nail bit on the end to avoid confusion. Anyway still not 100% decided but thankyou for your input, even though it did leave me a bit defensive.

hi hun,i think adding nails at the end would be great idea,well done you! good name.i like it! its different:lol: xxxxx

hi hun,i think adding nails at the end would be great idea,well done you! good name.i like it! its different:lol: xxxxx

Thanks, much appreciated :hug:.

What i need to work out is do i rebel and risk alienating potential clients or do i play it safe. Unfortunately i dont like to play it safe.:)

I think this answers your own question really.

Do you want to have a viable, profitable business or do you want to just play at it.;)

Have no intention playing at being a nail tech, thats why i asked for advice.
Understand where you are coming from, but like most things in life people have different views and opinions, neither right or wrong.

Still think the name is different but some will find it offensive so i am thinking of adding NAILS on the end ........... Faking Perfect Nails

I think it dilutes the intensity of the first word. What do you think, and by the way thanks for reply.xx

I think that totally changes the emphasis of the name and sounds great!:green::hug:

I think that totally changes the emphasis of the name and sounds great!:green::hug:

Thanks, :hug:. But the devil in me wants the original, lol. Maybe another time :wink2: xx

I've read this thread and it seems to get a bit critical and maybe personal at times.

Anyway will digress back to the point in question; your name for your business.

I didn't think of that it maybe misread as a swear word when I read it ; I thought what does faking perfect mean?

However thinking twice about it - it could be misconstrued to think - f'ing perfect, that's not what I read but what someone could get the wrong idea, sorry if I sound harsh as I aren't meaning to I am just taking a step back and reading into it a bit.

Personally that aside I think it is a quirky name - maybe you could put a bit underneath about what you do eg mobile nail technician/salon owner

My leaflet i designed went like this.....

Faking Perfect

Nail Enhancements
For Ladies who like to Fake it!

Do you think this would make a difference?

As it goes i think i will stick with the second one. I think, lol. xx

hi ilike the name i belive it depends on position of shop and alos the kind of clientelle you will get if you are in a hip trendy town it will go down a storm but my more mature ladies that are my bread and butter the regulars not just the one offs would be offended but i dont live in a hip trendy place. do what you feel is right.

I like the strap like but what about just saying nail enhancements

(On my business degree we were told that the name and one strap line should be enough to tell the consumer what they need to know about you, then the phone number in bold underneath so they have a call to action - in other words they think about it quickly and book the appointment)

Also I thought:

some people don't want others to know they have enhancements
Me for one my nails are dreadful lol

I know most of the clientele are ladies but what if there was a man who wanted enhancements - it may put them off - of course you may not want male clients which this is irrelavant.

Perhaps I am being stupid by saying this don't be offended by me saying anything I have I try and give a view based on a client if that is at all possible lol

Latest posts

Back