Business plan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deb32

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am trying to do a business plan just wanted to know where you start and if anyone could give me some tips?

And what do people think of business plans?

:hug:

I did one when I started up my salon and think it helped so much. i don't have it to hand but I remember the first thing I did was prices meaning how much everything would cost including silly things that you don't think of (or at least I didn't until my friend pointed it out) like gas and electric and even having widow cleaners once every 2 weeks, then I figured out what I would have to charge from that. Hope thats enough to get you started and if you want I can dig mine out for you?

I forgot to say that you should include all the legislations that are relevant to you.

Have you tried the business Gateway / business link website. its very helpful and also if you sign up they will send you on a free business planning course and do everything with youand advise and help you apply for any startup grants in your area. Its was very good and once with them they send you on Marketing courses and how to set up websites, tax and loads more...

Denise x

Hi Guys

I am trying to do a business plan just wanted to know where you start and if anyone could give me some tips?

you can go to bussiness link and they do 3 day courses and you can claim a start up grant aswell I got £500

Have you tried the business Gateway / business link website. its very helpful and also if you sign up they will send you on a free business planning course and do everything with youand advise and help you apply for any startup grants in your area. Its was very good and once with them they send you on Marketing courses and how to set up websites, tax and loads more...

Denise x
Hi denise,
I have signed up to business link and they have phoned me as well they were very helpful but just wanted to know what people thought as well and we have not talked about business plan yet we have been sorted all things out.
thanks

yeah my local chamber of commerse gave me £1000 and princes trust gave me £500 for equipment x

Your bank will have a cd rom that will help you draw up a business plan.

Really helpfull if you need bank funding if you do a plan on their software. It's what swung it for me when I first started up!
Business link can also help, but don't tend to be terribly clued up about our industry.

Hi Guys

I believe in business plans PERIOD. It will help you with all aspects of your business, from competitive pricing to marketing, and cash flow, and a good business plan is like a living thing...you need to work on it...keep updating and changing it as your business grows. You can use it as a benchmark also. As other have said it will assist you if you do decide to look for funding as it proves that you have thought things through. There are numerous sample plans out there, just search for them. And Good Luck!!!

I applied to the princes trust for a business loan and i had to fill in a business plan they already had set out. Maybe ring the princes trust and get one sent out and then at least it's something to base it off

I applied to the princes trust for a business loan and i had to fill in a business plan they already had set out. Maybe ring the princes trust and get one sent out and then at least it's something to base it off

Hi hun they would not help me as they only cater for 16 to 30 yr old and i am past it lol

thanks for the advice

Anybody know what it means by licence for 12 months on a premises?

It means you have the right to that premesis for 12 months. You also commit to paying for it for 12 months. If the salon goes well, you will want it for more than 1 year. Please make sure you have an option on a formal lease after the 12 month license is up. Quite often landlords will do a really discount rent for a 12 month license, then if the business is successful whack the rent back up to normal to continue with a lease, so tread carefully.

Do you need a business plan before you can open a business bank account?

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

No you don't have to have one to open an account, only if you want a loan or overdraft. It's worth doing one to clarify how you are going to manage your cashflow in the first year. Most salon failures are due to lack of cash as opposed to lack of profit.
You gotta watch the cashflow to succeed!!!

Hey,

I remember my first biz plan...

It was pretty daunting.

Things to remember:

1. It's there to help YOU - don't get too bogged down into it...
2. Keep it real... Try to keep all your figures realistic.
3. Remember that you can have the best business plan in the world but without actually doing what's in it... not much happens...

Here's an OK resource for you:

Beauty Salon and Day Spa Business Plans - Bplans.com

You can at least scroll through a plan (and copy and paste it to word). I don't have the software it talks about, don't know what it is or if it's any good but I'd just copy and paste to word as I say.

Hope it helps a bit.

See ya geeks, Brend x

Latest posts

Back