Business premises

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallandcute

Reaction score
hello geeks,

need a bit of a rant and suggestions please! for a couple of months now i have been searching and searching for business premises for my beauty therapy in my area and after contacting the council and estate agents still nothing! im supposed to be on a mailing list for the estate agents but i dont get anything even check my junk folder so was surprised to see a rental on their website over the weekend, rang up this morning and turns out its already gone! not only that but another property the landlord was supposed to contact the estate agents and nothing. im sick and tired of chasing people up for my business when they say they will get back to me but then never bother so im constantly having to do their work!

also the local landlords are all male and dont seem interested in letting it out to beauty, one rental has been there for a year and a half and they have just put the prices up but still not interested in my business even though speaking to people there is so much interest and support in my work! i just feel like this is never going happen but it really needs to be up and running by the end of next month at the latest

gah help please!

I feel your pain. Take a deep breath and think everything happens for a reason.
If something hasn't gone right yet it just means you haven't found the right place. When you do it will fall in your lap :)

Keep checking rightmove website is best bet. Daily mon-fri.

Thank you bannerpenguin, that is very true just couldnt see it after everything thats happened this weekend!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Without sounding harsh all they care about is money, property is their business, not beauty. Lots of beauty salons near me have opened and closed in the 3 years I've had my salon, landlords want a good tenant to sign a long lease and not run off in 12 months time. Your salon needs to be different and if you know the area you want to set up...can't you just go walk around, see the different agencies in the vacant windows and give them a call? Or speak to other independent traders about how they found their shop...networking is key.

If you need a space asap what about a pop up salon within another premises like a hotel, gym...?

Don't dispair! The right place is waiting for you...or maybe not exactly where you want it but 10 mins further down the road? xx

Without sounding harsh all they care about is money, property is their business, not beauty. Lots of beauty salons near me have opened and closed in the 3 years I've had my salon, landlords want a good tenant to sign a long lease and not run off in 12 months time. Your salon needs to be different and if you know the area you want to set up...can't you just go walk around, see the different agencies in the vacant windows and give them a call? Or speak to other independent traders about how they found their shop...networking is key.

If you need a space asap what about a pop up salon within another premises like a hotel, gym...?

Don't dispair! The right place is waiting for you...or maybe not exactly where you want it but 10 mins further down the road? xx

My point is there are buildings sitting empty which can easily be let out and my plan is for three years minimum not only that there are no beauty salons in the town and there is a huge interest in my business its just the landlords dont want beauty as they dont think they will get their rent!

Have done all you have suggested and more but still zilch! Its only a little town but with huge money and there isnt a ten min down tue road if you get what i mean so that wont work either.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I completely understand your situation.

I was set to rent a barbers/hairdressers with a room in the back where I could do my beauty and rent the hairdressers out to self employed.

What happened was the landlord decided to give it to a hairdresser and tore up my contract.

BUT....

what goes around comes around....
the hairdresser found another place and let the landlord down. During this time I had phoned 117 hairdressing salons within reachable distance of traveling over the next two days to see if they had a room to rent.

Only two hairdressers did, but one threw in free marketing, a website, use of their laundry advertising me on their website and facebook and taking my appointments for me at a BARGAIN price and they are located only 300m way from my town house.

After I found my new place the original landlord came grovelling asking me to take his shop, and I sweetly smiled and said.....
'no thank you'

Don't underestimate your worth, do get on their backs, estate agents concentrate on the big expensive units getting leased not the smaller less profitable ones, and call your local hairdressers where you can make an even better deal.

Hope that story helps. :D

Find your perfect property and call them everyday until you get a viewing, then until you get the lease agreement you want....

Everyday, then they will wish they had been little more proactive...

Xx

Latest posts

Back