Business quiet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert030576

Reaction score
Hi im looking for help/advice i opened my first sunbed shop in April this year and although its not been amazing we have broken even however last month has been dreadful, I've done a few offers which seem to bring some money in but overall just seems to be giving the current customers a better deal and not actually bring any new customers in, I'm really just looking for any help to make it busier and hopefully start earning some money

Hi Robert, how's it going?

Have things picked up recently?

I work for ActiveSalon. We provide Tanning Salon Management Software to UK based salons. Do you use a system currently?

I see a lot of marketing from our clients, and I have a reasonably good idea of what works and what doesn't. But it does vary from shop to shop. A few variables can affect what does or doesn't work.

My first bit of advice is for your existing promotions. A typical salon tends to run 'discounts' where they offer an existing package for cheaper. I'd advise you to avoid this and offer more tanning for the clients' money.

Essentially don't offer 10% off the price; offer 10% more minutes.

As you're interested in bringing 'new' customers in, are you tracking this currently? Do you know how many clients you have and how many visited in the last X months? If you are, you can run different types of promotions and see which ones worked and which didn't.

In our salons, we've found free tanning days work brilliantly. We offer 6 minutes for free + an offer on a 60-minute course where you get an extra 6 or 12 minutes if they buy that day. Using ActiveSalon, we text and email our customers. We also push it on social media; then, we hope word of mouth does the rest.

Remember that the best source of new clients for your salon will be your existing customers - make sure they're happy, and your customer base will grow organically.

Latest posts

Back