Business rates, my landlord wants to know

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckjustpamper

Reaction score
Hey all,

I do not know if this is an odd ask or not. My lease is ending in March (yippee) my landlord for 5 years has barely been In touch or spoke to me the whole time I have been there other than needing monies paid etc for building insurance etc etc.

He had a new Tennant look at the shop and she would like to take on a lease from March so he is happy. He asked me for a spare key to show the tenant around although not to my knowledge his wife showed her about - who I have never met before and all my equipment and stock was there....

Then since this she has found me on Facebook and won't stop private messaging me. Bare in mind I have never spoke to her at all the while 5 years I have been there.

First it started with what do you pay for your electric.
Then water rates
Then business rates

I replied to the electric then when she kept messaging I was a bit like hold on I have never spoke to you ever so why should I inform you. Well now she has sent me another message saying "I can find out the business rates through the borough but it would be far quicker and save me so much time if you'd just tell me!!!"

Would you let them know? To be honest I have no idea what it has got to do with them!? I had to find everything out myself when I took on the lease no information was handed to me when I signed up?

Or do you think I am totally over thinking this? Sorry for the rant...

Mute her or block her. Don't reply anymore. I wouldn't have answered the first one, she should be asking the landlord.

It's the landlords wife messaging you?

I'd ignore and block her. If she and her husband want information from you they can contact you in their capacity as landlords, via the proper channels, during business hours.

Hounding you via Facebook is just not on.

Could it be a friend that will be renting it. I'd just say I don't have the info. It's really not the done thing to contact you like that x

Everyone wants to know that sort of info before they rent, the landlady is doing the new renter a favour asking you on her behalf, I'd just tell her a full list of the bills & say the new renter could have asked me that herself

It's the landlords wife asking me who I have never spoken to ever before? The girl moving in I went to school with and we have been speaking daily and she hasn't asked me anything like it just how excited she is etc. I just feel it's a bit uncalled for considering they never have bothered to contact me previous with a phone call let alone finding me on my social media?

So what did you do in the end?

It's the landlords wife asking me who I have never spoken to ever before? The girl moving in I went to school with and we have been speaking daily and she hasn't asked me anything like it just how excited she is etc. I just feel it's a bit uncalled for considering they never have bothered to contact me previous with a phone call let alone finding me on my social media?
Aw well that is a bit odd, maybe she's got someone else interested too? I just wouldn't reply if you don't want to, I often ignore people if I feel like it :)

What's the big deal? You could have just told her to speak to her husband. Ignore any more messages.

Thanks for the helps guys. I just left it. Just a gut feeling kind of thing. Just off behaviour xx

Latest posts

Back