Business set up advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mariab1990

Reaction score
Hi I am in the middle of doing classic eyelash training. I feel very over whelmed on what I need to do with regards to setting up my own business. I have got insurance and thought of a name but do I need to register my name anywhere or check no one else has it. I am not taking any money at the moment as training but when do I need to register as self employed as I already have a full time job. Thanks

Hi Mariab,
I agree, setting up a business can be daunting. However, to answer some of your questions, yes you do need to register with HMRC for Self Assessment tax returns if you intend to be self employed whilst in an alternative full time employment, as this affects your your personal tax allowance for the financial year. You should do this as soon as you begin trading. If you intend to set up as a Limited Company, you need to register with Companies House in Cardiff. It is worth checking on their website to see if anyone else has already registered with the company name you have chosen.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to come back to me if you have any further questions.

Latest posts

Back