Business | What Got You Geeking In 2012?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
So, it’s been a year since News got a revamp and The Ed (a.k.a. yours truly) took the helm when it came to news pieces and geeky gossip tit-bits and I thought I’d look back over the year and see what got your geeky attention. After a very scientific dissection of the stats, facts and figures (not really), I discovered a number of things.

Firstly, whatever The Grand Master Geek writes and posts gets far and beyond the most views and attention. That’s ok. I can live with that (puts ego to one side); he is pretty cool after all. Secondly, this year has seen the most interaction with the News section in the history of the News section which is pretty damn cool and finally, anything gross, weird or to do with lady bits gets your attention.

So here is a whistle stop overview of the ten most-viewed posts of the year.

1. Japan’s Bagel Forehead Fad
By far and away, this was the most popular post of the year. Not hard to see why. I had to watch it again myself.

2. Heidi Klum’s Bare Faced Cheek…For Children In Need
I’ll be honest, I have a feeling the high viewing stats for this one may come from people Googling “Heidi Klum” and “bare” expecting an entirely different kind of site, but at over 4,500 views, I’m taking the credit for it, if that’s ok?

3. Avon Expands In India And Continues To Support Women Worldwide
A personal favourite of mine after spending so long being blithely ignorant of the role Avon plays in empowering women.

4. What’s New? Faith Lift
The review of Tibby Olivier’s Faith Lift sits in fourth place with over 4,000 views. Not bad at all for a fab product from the depths of Lancashire.

5. Marvelscara
Lots of you got geeky about this little piece mostly, if I’m honest, to say you didn’t think much of it.

6. Do You Love Your Muff Enough?
I warned you. If it’s about lady bits, you guys are all over it.

7. It Really Is All About Amy (And Sweet Squared)
I’m guessing this is a little bit like reality TV. No one wants to admit that they’re interested but we’re secretly all there to see what they’re up to now.

8. The “Boob Hole” Bed!
Like I said, anything to do with lady bits.

9. 6 New Shellac Colours! Merry Christmas!
This time last year, the news that CND were releasing six new Shellac colours got you all hot under your geeky colours. Somethings never change.

10. 14 Year Old Gets Plastic Surgery To End Bullying
This story sat at the top of a little pile of stories that were similar. Not far behind this was the crazy momma who put her toddler in a tanning booth and the death of a client in Hong Kong. You love a bit of real life.

So, here’s an Ed. standing in front of the geeks thanking them for reading. Here’s to 2012. Bring on the new year and, just for fun, let us know where you’ll be spending the big ding-dong moment.

Until then…geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• iStock_000017538577XSmall.jpg
    iStock_000017538577XSmall.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 135
Very interesting to see what news items grabbed our attention most.

Happy new year Ed & GMG I shall be tucked up in bed fast asleep when the clock strikes 12.

Well we're all teeming about Brisa Lite now! Lol happy new year! X

Latest posts

Back