Bust Treatments!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All gone Bust!

• Yes,i want a pert smooth bust,book me in!!

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Nooooo,id rather let nature take its course thankyou!!

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters

Chameleon

Reaction score
Whats your views on bust treatments?

Do you do them in your business?

Do Women ask for them?

Are they popular,or not?

I ask this,and doing so in a poll,as i want to do them in my salon...but as yet not sure because,yet again British women seem to either have a fear of maintaining a good bust by going to the salon and having regular bust and decollotage treatments,together with a neck and bust cream...or just plain scared of a trained therapist to actually see them full frontal:eek::lol:

Again...is this a british trait...or are we as French women renowned for treating our bust and neck when we do our skin care regime?

I bought in a dozen kits from Elemis that contains the full size neck and bust creams together with several other products free of charge.....and could i shift them....NO!:eek::lol:

Some clients looked at me like i was an alien..."a BUST product!" somw eould ask.:eek::green:

When doing my skin care regime i always incorporate my cleansers,serums,toners,lotions,masks and spf and creams down onto my bust...

So many women forget this area,but its a large area thats been neglected...and as for sun damage...dont get me started...LMAO:green::lol::lol:

So geeky friends....should i invest in an Academie bust treatment or not...i get a feeling its going to be the latter...:rolleyes::lol:

The first thing a French teenager thinks of is face cream and a bloody good toner..
yet british women...its spot concealer and mascara...:green:

Prove me wrong!:Grope::green:

No, I think you are probably right! We did a bust treatment at my last salon, and I think we had one client who had it regularly. No-one else showed any interest at all.

You could do a poll of your clients though, ask them if they would be interested in it. Maybe add it to your website and see if you get any response.

personally if i could find somewhere local that offered this for a reasonable price i would. the problem is i've looked into it online and a course of treatments is very expensive, especially for someone of my age!

i work in a bra shop so see boobs every day and wouldn't be a problem for me. a few of the girls i work with have used a well known bust firming cream (not sure if i'm allowed to mention the make so i won't!) and i'm currently using it. i'm not expecting any miracles but to at least have the skin around the area smoother looking and firmer would be amazing!!

hope this helps you out a bit!! x

Although I personally wouldn't have a problem carrying out this treatment on others I think your right that not many people would go for it. I carry my own facial routine down to over my neck/upper chest, but I wouldn't want to go to a salon to have it done, but then I wouldn't want a Brazilian either.:o
Most people I see for facials think its to much like hard work to cleanse, tone and moisturise, so I can picture their faces if I mentioned including their bust !:)

Although I personally wouldn't have a problem carrying out this treatment on others I think your right that not many people would go for it. I carry my own facial routine down to over my neck/upper chest, but I wouldn't want to go to a salon to have it done, but then I wouldn't want a Brazilian either.:o
Most people I see for facials think its to much like hard work to cleanse, tone and moisturise, so I can picture their faces if I mentioned including their bust !:)
I know exactly how you feel there...:rolleyes::lol:

I have a mixture of clients who are really good at thier rotine,yet some,well as you say its hard work in just cleansing the skin...Supermarket skin wipes have alot to answer for...LOL

I have to say though,many women have asked me for a brazilian,and i would never do that,yet when it comes to the bust area,are women in general just shy of it,is it the treatment,do they not feel its beneficial,but its an area,when utilised in a salon treatment than can get professional results...Im trying to step the bar up believe me!:green::rolleyes::rolleyes::!:

I hope that if you do take the treatments on it will succeed but don't be suprised if it doesn't.

In my Clarins training we had to learn bust treatments and we were all horrified !!! especially the girl that had to be the model. We weren't that bothered about doing the treatment more so about receiving it and yes it was embarrasing !! :lol:

When I used to do body wraps in the spa quite a lot of clients didn't want to have the bust area included and took lots of persuasion I can tell you.

When carrying out ST TROPEZ hands on method I always ask if they would like their bust done as well.I have never had any clients turn me down,yet this involves exfoliation and application of the St Tropez.

I really believe it's teaching our clients that these treatments will help them,improve their skin and firm the area.It can be embarrasing,granted but maybe a portfolio in reception of aged,leathery,droopy breasts and decolatage may help ladies to realise that there are treatments for this problem.I'm not talking full frontals or anything,lol:eek: but maybe some pics from the net.

Younger clients are always more embarrased about these treatments but I think it could appeal to the more mature generation,I know a lot of ladies worry a great deal about this area,especially when wearing swim suits,so yes,I think with the right promotional material and advertising it could work.

As a consumer and from a personal point of view I have to say that the only bust treatment I'd consider (or have considered) was done by a plastic surgeon :wink2:
I had a reduction (8 years ago) and wouldn't honestly consider a bust treatment from a salon, however, if a salon could have offered me a treatment which could have given similar permanent results I might have considered it.

I trained in bust treatments, but have never done one or advertised one since qualifying. At college we were told they are popular in France.

I think as I would be - a little shy to have such a treatment done. Although I'd do a treatment on myself no problem.

(As a consumer)...
What does a bust treatment consist of?

Is it for firming or reducing, or both?

(As a consumer)...
What does a bust treatment consist of?

Is it for firming or reducing, or both?
It can be either,or both Sandi:)

It normally involve with the therapist using a specific serum and mask concentrating on the bust area,as ell as the face.The client would be completely topless.....do you know what I have a big problem with British women having a problem showing off thier body,especially when it comes to the bust.

Academie do a bust treatment,but it was never launched in the UK...no surprises there:(

gatineau do a bust treatment,as do alot of French brands....but i have not come across many,if at all ANY in the UK.

Its an area that can get alot of results with a professional brand...i say professional,not an OTC brand:green:

If you are worried or concerened about your bust area,id love to get you on a course of "bust treatments":eek::green:

Academie have just launched the new firming bust cream,its absolutely marvelous....but i feel i would be at a losing battle with retailing it:|

I created this poll as to see whatthe census was on bust treatments in the UK,and what geeks thought of it on the forum.I feel there is a lack of respect for bust treatments,and they are undervalued in the salon,in the UK.

In France,having a bust treatment is a pre requisite as to having matching lingerie,as to having the obligotory wax from the age of 12...LOL

I would never even consider walking out my door in Australian summer without a sunscreen on my decollatage.. my usual cleansing routine includes my neck/deco/chest.. and also my hands..
This isnt a cultural thing though.. my mum taught me.. (thanks mum :hug:) being an ex-pat (read fair english rose :)) my mother was a hat sunnies and scarfe woman.. and she taught me that regardless of how much you look after your face.. the signs of ageing are still visiable on hands.. neck and chest..

In answer to your question i would say that its more likely how we view ourselves rather then culture.. you may find its a hit.. I know i would definately be a client.. yet my cousin wouldnt dream of showing anyone herself full frontal.. same family.. different upbringing.

I spose what im saying is sometimes we become teachers in our jobs.. and a fully informed client is more likely to choose a treatment.. so rather then just stocking and offering it, you could have information packs to go with it??

If you ever visit Australia.... consider yourself flashed!! :green::hug:

We offer a Bust firming Treatment (which I use at home also) and it works! but we don't have very many clients having it done.
I think us British ladies are reserved (unless drunk - lol) but then I do around 10 spraytans a week where they wear only a disposable thong - no problemo!
I always re-asure them by saying I'm like a nurse I see bodies day in day out everyday, your a blank canvas I have to tan, lets go! and their reservations go out the window -

I think by the time ladies get to the age where they are worried about their bust, they're probably going to be embarrassed about exposing all for a bust treatment lol!I guess the ideal thing to do is to catch 'em before they fall! This is, I reckon, probably one of the treatments which, if they were going to do it at all, they would choose some sort of home treatment which they could do themselves. hth xx

I must admit, I never knew such a treatment existed, does it work? It is not something I would be looking into though.

I do a lot of St Tropez cream tans, and I have never had anyone turn down the inclusion of the bust, so I guess it's less embaressment & more education; I also used to use the CACI Quantum (before I upgraded to the CACI Ultra) & did a lot of bust toning treatments with that.

I offer the Decleor bust treatment as a stand alone, but perhaps it's worth including it in another 'safe' treatment. Perhaps a full body wrap focussing on skin conditioning and then promoting the bust treatment as an add-on to deal with sun damage etc on the chest area might encourage people to try it. Perhaps avoid using the word 'bust' or 'breast' might help as well? Who knows...women can be such fickle creatures, which is probably why I stuck with men!

I bought avon avon firm and sculpt bust firming cream a while back and to be honest it didn't do anything for me and it smelt yuk! .Give me gel bras anyday they do the trick

Latest posts

Back