Butchered again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aww Victoria it will soon grow better , if I was over there I could do it for you,
but I do have a friend with a salon over there but I think it s Nainimo or something like that do you know it ?
the hairdressing place is called Gerrards she is fab her name is Ronnie :hug:

Montreal is a HUUUUUGE city in Quebec (where I am).........it would be hard to find without knowing specifics of the salon.
Thanks anyway hun.

A friend of mine, her mom is a retired owner & former hairdresser.
When she's next in town (she now lives 1.5hrs away), we'll ask her to fix me.
She can't make it any worse? I just trust no one now.
In the last 5yrs.. my hair has been butchered once a year. Finding a decent hairdresser since I moved has proven difficult. :confused:
It's almost as if they have something against people with long hair and they all try to make me go shorter and I DO NOT WANT TO! lol ugh.. ruddy cows!

thankfully, my hair grows fast.....
I'm going to curl it like mad for the wedding, to make a messy head of curls, with sides pulled back. That way, no one at the wedding this weekend will be able to tell I was butchered.
It's all a bunch of old class-mates that will be there that I haven't seen in years. I don't want to go looking shoddy, ya know?

Thanks again!

First off, im sorry about the mess! I don't know if you recall, but you posted to me a few weeks ago about MY botched hair :)

Maybe you should use this as an open door! Do you have any friends who could recommend something different to you? I'm SURE you can find somehting.. I have a long oval face too, and I found someone (from a friend) who managed to fit it for me!! She put tons of angles and layers to frame my face and evened off the back..

On the brighter side, it IS summer, so maybe a little length/weight off is a good thing!!

I know it's not what you wanted... but your hubby loves you, and you're still beautiful regardless! It's only hair! And it could have been much, much, MUCH worse!!

Consider taking some more off, just maybe? It's a lot easier to manage. :D I'm going shorter now the initial shock (though not necessarily hte best way to EASE into a cut..lol) has worn off and I'm used to it.

It will all be okay!! :hug::hug::hug:
Cry if you need to!! And then DONT be scared to let someone fix it! Trust me - get a friends referral - don't leave it as is because of fear!

I thought I was speaking PLAIN ENGLISH. I'm perfectly bilingual and I'm 100% positive that there was no confusion when I expressed what I wanted:!:
As a former hairdresser, I know the terminology and how to explain the cut that I want.

Very simple: straight across the back, take off 1" (NO MORE THAN THAT!), do NOT round it off, I do NOT want it in a "V" down my back. I want it STRAIGHT across. Pull it all down the back and cut straight.
My hair is nearly waist length, so it always falls down my back. Never over my shoulders.

WHAT did she do? SHE MADE IT INTO A @#$%^&*@#$%^&*():grr: "V" shape.

PISSED???????????? NOW it's going to take me forever to grow it back out again.
I couldn't be more upset if I tried!
AND now I will have to pin it up when I do nails or some of it will fall over my shoulder in front of me and get in the damn way:!: When it's in a bun/ponytail too often, it gives me a headache because there's so much and it's so thick.
Thankfully the long layers are as I wanted them, and not straggly. Well blended in. I even explained exactly how I wanted her to layer it, and even showed her how I wanted it sectioned and what angle to hold the section etc.....
But the "V" shape?

It's going to take 6 months or more to grow it out:!::!::!::!::evil::evil::evil:

I had JUST gotten it where I wanted after the last butcher job.
Now I gotta start all over again.
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

PS: don't know if I've griped in the right place, it's a "hair" thing, but a chit-chat too?????

OH DEAR.... i know how you feel, i've been pinning mine up for 2 months now!!!
I asked for a trim & she got carried away.... ultimatley, i now donn a MULLET! A fine wisp of nothingness dangling on my shoulders, I wouldn't look out of place if I was wearing a flannelette shirt with skin tights and sheepskin slippers as evening attire if you get my drift!!!????
HAIR DOES GROW BACK.... but I just didn't WANT it to, not so hard to understand

Hi, On behalf of Victoria and a lot of other disappointed clients who may have had their hair cut badly or had their wishes ignored for some reason or another,
It just gos to show all us hairdressers how we can make a person feel,

We can make them feel great with a good haircut or very unhappy, (not on purpose) but with say perhaps being rushed off our feet, or a simple misunderstanding or not having enough training or experience too carry out the actual haircut but went ahead anyway hoping we get it right .
But hoping isn't good enough and gladly all of the above can be rectified. by more training and education
The bad Haircut sadly sometimes cannot be rectified and has to grow out

What I mean is everyones hair is their crowning glory,

just imagine you have a major event coming up you have lost a few pounds in weight planned all the thing your going to wear and you have bought your going out dress or evening gown , the the shoes , jewelery , ect ,Then you come to the icing on the cake the most important accessory that every all of us loves and wants the thing which will make or break the whole image , That shiny fantastic hair style , and someone has gone and ruined it , the very thing that you have been patiently growing for ages,
and its the most important asset you need to look good for your special occasion,
as everyone notices and comments on hair , we need it to look good and feel for work and for play.

Us Hairdressers do one another's hair and we know what we are like ?
We know what we want and what we don't want, and if It gos wrong we know how to make it look better but the average person may not .

Clients try to explain what they want , but sometimes they do not convey it properly to us either ,
personally I love photographs to go by but some hairdressers hate it , why ?

I think it is most important to keep checking with the client at different stages of the haircut , I know it may feel that you are harassing them but best to be on the safe side,
After all we are not mind readers either ,:hug:
It really is a good job hair grows hey ?:hug:

Latest posts

Back