Butchered again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
I thought I was speaking PLAIN ENGLISH. I'm perfectly bilingual and I'm 100% positive that there was no confusion when I expressed what I wanted:!:
As a former hairdresser, I know the terminology and how to explain the cut that I want.

Very simple: straight across the back, take off 1" (NO MORE THAN THAT!), do NOT round it off, I do NOT want it in a "V" down my back. I want it STRAIGHT across. Pull it all down the back and cut straight.
My hair is nearly waist length, so it always falls down my back. Never over my shoulders.

WHAT did she do? SHE MADE IT INTO A @#$%^&*@#$%^&*():grr: "V" shape.

PISSED???????????? NOW it's going to take me forever to grow it back out again.
I couldn't be more upset if I tried!
AND now I will have to pin it up when I do nails or some of it will fall over my shoulder in front of me and get in the damn way:!: When it's in a bun/ponytail too often, it gives me a headache because there's so much and it's so thick.
Thankfully the long layers are as I wanted them, and not straggly. Well blended in. I even explained exactly how I wanted her to layer it, and even showed her how I wanted it sectioned and what angle to hold the section etc.....
But the "V" shape?

It's going to take 6 months or more to grow it out:!::!::!::!::evil::evil::evil:

I had JUST gotten it where I wanted after the last butcher job.
Now I gotta start all over again.
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

PS: don't know if I've griped in the right place, it's a "hair" thing, but a chit-chat too?????

Ask her if she would like her nails done.......if she does......enjoy!!!!

Im not that mean really but feel for you as that happened to me some time ago, and it does take such a long time to get it back to how you like it!!! xx

This happend to me too.
What is it with that 'V' shape?!! It's horrible

It just upsets me so much because at the shorter point of the V to the longest, there's nearly 5 or 6" in difference :eek:
Which is going to take a VERY long time to grow out again, and I was trying to grow it even LONGER than it already was for when I get married (no, no actual date set yet... but it's coming... so I wanted it a certain length for a certain style, and now that idea may be out the window:cry:)

I'm just so upset.
WAit till my hubby sees it. he's going to have an apoplectic FIT!

:cry:

Hun, I do feel for you, when my hair was long I found the only person who could manage to cut it straight across was my husbands barber. I'd go in with Paul and when Paul was finished I'd stand up for the barber and he's kneel down behind me and cut it all level. Quick, simple AND it cost me a heck of a lot less then going to the hairdressers. Now its short I go to a hairdressers and it costs me a fortune. But the lady I went to today did do a wonderful job, so I guess she's stuck with me:lol:

I think the next time I trim my daughters' hair, which is just like mine...
I'll have him watch me do one of them, have him do the other under my watchful eye THEN if he does ok, I'll let him do mine.

It seems every hairdresser I've tried in the last 5yrs (ever since I've been growing my hair ultra long) has botched it up.
Not one single time have they got it right. It seems I'm either growing out their goofs, or fixing them myself.
:irked:

maybe you gave her too many instructions and she got pissed and V'd you in the back on purpose??

Most hairstylist do not like to be told how to part off a haircut. If ya know what I mean? It would be like a ex nail tech coming to you to get her fills done and telling you step by step how She wants them done.

:hugs: I feel for ya..I truly do. I have been there so many times myself with not the right cut or color..All I say when I walk away is:
Thank God Hair Grows!!!

In order for her to get all the hair cut straight off the back, is to bring the front pieces to the back and cut. If she came around the front of your shoulder..that is when you jump up and say no. :)

Big hugs...

It just upsets me so much because at the shorter point of the V to the longest, there's nearly 5 or 6" in difference :eek:
Which is going to take a VERY long time to grow out again, and I was trying to grow it even LONGER than it already was for when I get married (no, no actual date set yet... but it's coming... so I wanted it a certain length for a certain style, and now that idea may be out the window:cry:)

I'm just so upset.
WAit till my hubby sees it. he's going to have an apoplectic FIT!

Actually, long hair like your length is a royal pain in the bum to have to do a updo on. Unless you were planning on leaving it down.
Nothing is out the window Victoria~ it will just be a shorter version of it. :hug:

maybe you gave her too many instructions and she got pissed and V'd you in the back on purpose??

Most hairstylist do not like to be told how to part off a haircut. If ya know what I mean? It would be like a ex nail tech coming to you to get her fills done and telling you step by step how She wants them done.

:hugs: I feel for ya..I truly do. I have been there so many times myself with not the right cut or color..All I say when I walk away is:
Thank God Hair Grows!!!

In order for her to get all the hair cut straight off the back, is to bring the front pieces to the back and cut. If she came around the front of your shoulder..that is when you jump up and say no. :)

Big hugs...

I agree I would have told you to do it yourself then. I'm sure your hair will look beautiful for your wedding.

The reason I showed her how to do something was because she said she didn't understand what I meant by long layers. SHE ASKED ME to show her. How long, how short, up to which point.. know what I mean? She didn't know how far up I wanted my layers to go. That's when I just created a section and showed her. I didn't want to look like Farah Fawcett, that's for darn sure! My shortest layers are at my shoulders now.
If she was offended by my answering her question, and the fact that I KNOW specifically what I want unlike many clients; then that is her problem. If she did do it in a "V" out of spite, then she's unprofessional.
When I had a client that knew specifically what she wanted, that made my job easier. I didn't get put-out by it, or feel insecure for it. I was thankful.

When she stepped to the side, I did question that and she said "not to worry, I know what I'm doing". So I went back to my book. I only showed her the once. I didn't harp on her throughout, if that's what you thought. I explained, showed her where I wanted it to fall, and picked up my book to read and let her get on with it.
I should have grabbed the mirror then :irked:

As for updos, I don't like them on me. Long face, high forhead, long neck... YUCK.
I wanted ultra long ringlets reaching near my waist or bottom. Hence why growing it so long.

Yup, thank god it grows.....

no offense made towards you Victoria. If she asked..well then she got what she asked for.
She allowed You to read a book while she cut your hair??????:eek:
That is a no no in my chair unless I am doing a color. Peeps lose their head balance when reading. Before they know it , their head is tilted forward or slightly cocked off to the side and I have to stop to correct it.

One length long hair may seem easy to cut but It is such a precision cut that the customer must stay straight at all times with shoulders back and feet flat on the floor.
This is not saying that you were all bent over ..i am just amazed that she would allow you to read while doing a straighter than straight haircut.

Yep, when she came around your shoulder..That is when it all went down hill.:cry:

You can always get a few clip in hair extensions. You can buy them yourself, they are quite cheap.

I know what you mean re: head tilting, but I'm a good girl. Trust me on that score. LOL I don't cross my legs either and THAT is harder for me than not tilting my head the wrong way :lol: If I don't read a book, I end up "policing" the hairdresser and making myself a right pain in the ass. Although, this is one time I SHOULD have policed the hairdresser :cry:

My hubby had a fit when he saw my hair last night:eek: Even he could see it was botched, and that's saying a lot, cause usually he's blind as a bat and can't tell a thing.

For the wedding that I'm attending this weekend, I'm gonna have to curl my hair like crazy, to hide all the mess. UGH. Whether it'll hold in this humid weather is anyone's guess. We'll see.

Thanks again for listening to me gripe.
Had myself a good cry over it yesterday.

:hug:

well that makes sence if she needed the help sorry didnt know that part. i was thinking about this at school last night if the "V" is seen in back then she angled up at the corners instead of bringing it around I dont understand the "V" thing. Do a ringlet roller set you will get a nice hold.

medium_bad-hair-day.jpg

Hope this pic cheers you up a little Victoria.

I know what you are going through, my old hairdresser would take out her anger (at her hubby) on her clients my hair has suffered her anger more than once, the reason I went to her was because she is a close family friend. I have now decided to let it grow once again ( 5 years age I could sit on my hair ) .

Oh Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I can't believe that there still are hairdressers that do what THEY want and do not listen what the CLIENT wants. I am so sorry for your hair. I know how you feel, it has happened too many times for me and that is why I DO POLICE WHEN I HAVE A HAIRCUT!!!! I am the one paying for it, so I make sure that I get what I bargain for. As a hairdresser my self, luckyly I have a good friens who also happenes to be a hairdresser.....I wish I was there, I would come and cut your hair. And remember, next time tell her if she wants to be a free artist, she needs to get some paints and paper. :hug:

Im hairdresser too and they always seem to do that to mine too
How I hate that V thing .
What I do now is cut my own sides and keep hold of them ,
release a bit of the sides for a guideline, then get someone to trim the back up to the guideline
In a straight line of course ,
like dot to dot lol
every one seems to do that flippin V thing I detest it
Good luck hun it will soon grow :hug:

The only bright side to all of this is:

now that my hair has been "debulked":rolleyes:, my 'jaw clips' will actually hold it without breaking :lol:
AND it doesn't weigh a tonne, giving me a headache if I've pinned it up right after a shower when it's wet

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

(I have to laugh, if I don't, I'll cry again)

Latest posts

Back