Buying hair direct from manufacturer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbs

Love your hair by jo
Reaction score
I am wanting to offer my own hair brand & would like any advise as to where I can find a reputable supplier of Russian/ Mongolian / Brazilian hair?
I have been looking at china for supply (not for Chinese hair) but have been advised better options. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am wanting to offer my own hair brand & would like any advise as to where I can find a reputable supplier of Russian/ Mongolian / Brazilian hair?
I have been looking at china for supply (not for Chinese hair) but have been advised better options. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
This is such a can of worms! To begin with, the hair extensions industry is riddled with fraud, misinformation and scammers. I've dealt with China for years on and off - they only produce Asian hair - no Russian, Brazilian, etc, only Asian. I've got messages from Chinese suppliers telling me I can pass their Chinese hair off as European, and sell it at a higher price. I've got messages from honest suppliers, who have been in the industry for over 30 years who confirm the only hair produced in China is Asian. I've even bought hair from Russia, but when it arrived it was Asian. Unless you've worked with genuine Russian hair, it's difficult to tell the difference.

I hate to be so blunt, but I doubt anyone would give you supplier info for a brand, you'd be going into direct competition with them. I can't tell you how many years I've spent researching, testing and refining my supply, only to be let down with quality issues, even after receiving good hair for years. This is why so many extensionists complain about suppliers, and why that thread has been going so long. What's more, if you do find a reputable supplier, you've got to take shipping, VAT, import duties, MOQ, into consideration. And, you'll be paying up front with no protection. If the hair you receive is rubbish, it's tough. Don't get me wrong, if you've got the money to risk, you could end up saving on the cost of your hair but you'll need to know what you're doing, several £ks and lots of time to get anywhere. I'm so sorry if this seems negative, but what you're asking for is a lot more difficult and complicated than it seems.

Latest posts

Back