buying products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya all,
I think that the people posting these kind of posts, are just after stirring up trouble :twisted:
In there user profiles they give very little information ?
Nail Techs that are genuine will use this site to get info and help others.
Since joining this site i have met people who use a vast array of products.
I wish other companies would represent themselves on here but sadly not many do. Ant Buckley uses the site and hes ez-flow, Dragon alan roy products. Perhaps if you these kind stay a while and got to know our site like we do they would have seen that the site is for every one, Sadly they now wont get the chance. There choice ;)

Hi there,

I'm going to put my two peneth in too!! I use creative, star nails, nailorder, NSI, e-z flow now (thanx to Antony),nail creations, mad beauty and salon solutions and I find that I take bits from each company and use them. I'm all for trying out new things and new products whoever the company!!
I or should I say Herman stumbled upon this web site over 14 months ago and have found it to be very helpfull....it doesn't matter who you use as long as you use them correctly
Amanda

Im from K-Sa-Ra and use loads of companies products. This site has been a godsend to me for support and i hope that i may of helped someone out there to.

If you dont like this site, y bother coming on it?

I use a variety of brands(always making sure correct liquid to matching powder!)
All I can say is this site has kept me in the nail business. I can't thank all loyal geeks enough! If you give it a real chance you will become hooked also.x

I agree with Alex, im hooked, you may even say addicted. I have a new family now! Ive missed Eastenders tonight and my 3 kids have been left to run riot in the bedroom! How sad! x

chocolate said:

If you dont like this site, y bother coming on it?

Think that about sums it up!!! :(

just wanted to say that I love this site to bits and the people on here have always been very helpfull to me and everyone has always been so welcoming and friendly to newbies. I think it is a shame when we get the odd person who seems to have a bee in their bonnet about something. I use a mixture of products ie polishes from opi, odyssey acrylic, solar oil, cuccio naturale. I think that people have the freedom to rave about a product if they like it and are pleased with the results, regardless of which system they use!! :)
I don't think anybody would purposely make you feel unwelcome or that you shouldn't be posting here. I have always found this site and people on it to be very helpfull. I think if you have found a product you believe in and Love why not shout it from the roof tops lol maybe thats a bit ott but you know what I mean lol :lol: Even though I dont use creative for nail enhancements I have to stick up for my creative buddies as they are nice people who just love what they use and if you love your products too you won't be offended!!! Give us a chance and you will see that advice given on here is usefull for all systems. I'm going to stop rabbiting on now and finish by saying Sam obviously puts alot of his own time and effort into this web site and has made it for everyone to enjoy so thankyou sam. It would make me feel pretty crap if I were Sam having to deal with people saying that his site was one sided etc etc, give the poor bloke a break he does his best, which is very good at that!! And we all love him for inventing this site dont we girls- and guys :cool: Don't worry-be happy :)

I use a mostly use Star Nails products but do use a little creative stuff (i bought some at the show to try and love it!!), but i have never been made to feel bad for not using creative. Never!! Everyone is really helpful and friendly and will give you very general advice about everything, not just about which products they think are the best!

Hi

I don't use creative but i've had so much advise from this site which has helped me loads. So what if someone uses other products we are all interested in the same business NAILS so thats what should really matter.

I think this is a brill site and as i've always been told if you've got nothing nice or good too say - say nothing.

Keep up the good work. We'd be lost without you.

Shelley:)

I suppose saying this won't make me popular :(
I do like this site, i find the people here to be generally helpful, and i appreciate that you have asked other companies to contribute - and they haven't (which i definitely think reflects badly on them), and i do recommend that other people check this site out.
I am NOT saying this to whinge, or to promote other products, but only to say what i feel is true.
This site *is* biased - in the sense that it appears that it was originally started by people with strong links to a particular product range. Naturally, it would appear that there is a majority of people present here who use that range. There is no sin in a site having a bias - and indeed, it could well be because it is the best product on the market. There are people who use other products, but it always seems that one predominates.

I don't think it need be a terrible thing that there is a bias towards one product range - as i say, this may be because in a given sample of nail techs, it is regarded as the best range available. I do, however, think that it is helpful to be aware of it.

I'll speak for just me, myself and I here as I guess I have to have one more say on the subject, then I shall consider it a done deal ;)

It all comes down to ones definition of being biased.

Heres one:
a partiality that prevents objective consideration of an issue or situation

Though obviously partial to a particular range, I think anyone would be hard pressed to find one of my (at time of typing this) 1200 or so posts where I have not been objective toward an issue at hand.
I think it would be far easier to find hundreds of posts where I could have been partial toward my favoured system and range... but instead chose to focus on what would be most constructive to the thread at hand (helping in anyway I can).

I fully agree with you that there is nothing wrong with having a product centric site that is focused on the success of the users of that product range. In several cases many could get more detailed specifics as you wouldnt have to be as concerned about product and system translations.

However, this is not the goal of my site. My goal is to simply provide a community for nail technicians to learn and communicate. So far I think it is doing a pretty OK job at it, and fingers crossed... it will become even better at it as more professionals come on board.

Why bother? Why not simply 'give in' and make it product centric? Thats a really hard question to answer because in a lot of ways it would make things much easier for me.
I guess at the end of the day, I wanted to do something for the professionals. I didnt want a 'private club', or a product centric site. I guess I always felt that if I were to stumble across a great online community of nail technicians and I couldnt really participate in the community simply because I used another brand... I would feel a bit bummed and neglected.
You are the professional, so you make the choices about what products work best for you. What about everything to do with nails that isnt about products? 80-90% of what is discussed on here has little to nada to do with product choices... the rest is about professional choices that trancend which company you partner with.

I have been very blessed in many ways. I simply couldnt ask for anything more from my profession so I guess it was time for me to try to 'give back'.
I wouldnt have gotten to where I am without countless others to learn from. Since I firmly beleive that a lesson is not learned until it is taught; this site is me trying to complete my education.

Whether you feel that this site is biased or not, I guess I don't really mind anymore just as long as you learn, share, and most of all... nJoy.

I guess thats nuff said from me on this subject ;)

ps... Yogacat... contrary to what you might have thought about your post... I thought it was good :green:

Toodles

essexnails said:
i know what you mean. I have worked out that if you want to be part of this site there is an unwriten rule that you must love creative or have all of you opinions slated and be made to feel like you should have kept your mouth shut.

Its such a shame that you feel this way essexnails. When i first found this site, i didnt use creative products. I did have a few problems with the product i was using and asked for help and i got lots of friendly advice. This site isnt trying to "push" creative onto you, but some products work for some people and not for others, the majority of people who use this site find that creative products work for them. I personally have tried about 7-8 different makes of l+p to try and find one which gives me the best results, and i have found that in creative. You dont have to be creative trained to use this site, nor is there an unwritten rule that if you are not a creative tech you will not get heard on here. Again i think its quite a shame you feel the way you do, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Michelle.

The Nail Geek said:
I'll speak for just me, myself and I here as I guess I have to have one more say on the subject, then I shall consider it a done deal ;)

It all comes down to ones definition of being biased.

Heres one:

Though obviously partial to a particular range, I think anyone would be hard pressed to find one of my (at time of typing this) 1200 or so posts where I have not been objective toward an issue at hand.
I think it would be far easier to find hundreds of posts where I could have been partial toward my favoured system and range... but instead chose to focus on what would be most constructive to the thread at hand (helping in anyway I can).

I fully agree with you that there is nothing wrong with having a product centric site that is focused on the success of the users of that product range. In several cases many could get more detailed specifics as you wouldnt have to be as concerned about product and system translations.

However, this is not the goal of my site. My goal is to simply provide a community for nail technicians to learn and communicate. So far I think it is doing a pretty OK job at it, and fingers crossed... it will become even better at it as more professionals come on board.

Why bother? Why not simply 'give in' and make it product centric? Thats a really hard question to answer because in a lot of ways it would make things much easier for me.
I guess at the end of the day, I wanted to do something for the professionals. I didnt want a 'private club', or a product centric site. I guess I always felt that if I were to stumble across a great online community of nail technicians and I couldnt really participate in the community simply because I used another brand... I would feel a bit bummed and neglected.
You are the professional, so you make the choices about what products work best for you. What about everything to do with nails that isnt about products? 80-90% of what is discussed on here has little to nada to do with product choices... the rest is about professional choices that trancend which company you partner with.

I have been very blessed in many ways. I simply couldnt ask for anything more from my profession so I guess it was time for me to try to 'give back'.
I wouldnt have gotten to where I am without countless others to learn from. Since I firmly beleive that a lesson is not learned until it is taught; this site is me trying to complete my education.

Whether you feel that this site is biased or not, I guess I don't really mind anymore just as long as you learn, share, and most of all... nJoy.

I guess thats nuff said from me on this subject ;)

ps... Yogacat... contrary to what you might have thought about your post... I thought it was good :green:

Toodles

Thank you for your carefully considered reply. I was interested to read it, and have not seen the issues upon which you comment here set out so explicitly elsewhere (it may have been done, but I'm relatively new here).
From what you say, i can definitely see that this site has been set up (and run) with all the right reasons in mind :)

And thanks for saying that you liked my post :D

Hi All

Again I'm fairly new to this site and to the nail industry in general but having read the original post and the subsequent responses I to feel the need to add a comment.

I was using a product other than creative and during my conversion I was told about this site by my instructor with the thought that it might assist further with my learning more about the trade not just the products! I do feel that there may be more creative posts due to the fact that creative techs pass the word and think the site is great...contrary to what "others" say!
Not only have I learnt more about the products but love to just read the tutorials and know that I am not alone if I have a problem...there is help at hand.

Thank you Sam for giving all us techs this very valuable site.

For my little input in this:

I like to think that this site is driven by us the users. If we ask questions about creative products, then we will get answers about creative products.

I have never yet seen a post where a tech asks about a brand other than creative and is told that they should use creative.

I have had several discussions on this board about other brands - because someone asked the question! Mrs Geek, the Geek & gigi are more likely to respond to questions about creative products because they know lots about them - you can't expect them to comment on the other products if they have no experience of them.

I would also like to add that the other forum I use also tends to attract creative techs, and they have noone working for creative involved with that.

I love this site for the opportunity to learn, to help others and to share.

Another newbie here......

I was millenium trained and have tried OPI, Star nails and a few others. I came across creative by chance and found the system worked for me. After taking the Creative Conversion course i was told about this site by another millenium tech.

I must say i couldn't live with out the help and advice you guys & girls give on here!!

I've asked questions (sometimes dumb ones! lol) and always had an answer, i've been inspired by some of the designs in the nail art section to the extent of "trying them" (well the easier ones anyway) and have found the support you all give each other just the best!

Best of all i though reading some of the posts and seeing some of the problems others have and the support they get in return has helped me during a "i can't do nails hissy fit"

I hope in the future i can pass on stuff i've learnt from here and i'm sure other newbies feel the same.

Taz
x

I have to say, "THANKYOU SAM FOR THIS SITE IT IS A LIFE SAVER!!!!!!"

I agree with everyone else when i say that everyone on here is unbiased, will give you their opinions on whatever product they know and just let you know what works for them.

Creative products are extremely popular as alot of people get on with them. I personally use Star Nails and i am sticking with them untill i have my diploma then i will do a conversion to creativ as have sampled it and loved it.

I've also been advised to try Tammy Produsts too, so will try them at some point. At the end of the day we all need help and advice at times and this site is the place to come!!!

So thanks to everyone who has advised me and helped me lately. I have definately learned so much in the short time i have visited this site, i couldn't do without it.:lol::D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back