Buying scissors

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetcorn1

Reaction score
I need some help with buying scissors and where best to get them.

I bought a fairly expensive pair of scissors in march from a local hair show we have in lancashire from a local company. They are good scissors for club/blunt cutting or use on thick hair but not for chipping. I think this is because the ends are quite stumpy.

I have some scissors I've used for years that I really love for chipping as they are pointy and give a sharp chipping effect. I've been to sally and they haven't got any similar. The local company I bought from don't have a showroom but do do salon visits. This is my other dilemma!!!

The scissors I like belong to the salon and I started using them when I was training. The thing is I am thinking of leaving my current salon and don't want them to know I am getting new scissors so can't get a salon visit and I want the new scissors to start the new job!!!

What should I do? I've looked in salons direct catalogue but you can't tell what scissors are like from a photo. I've got myself so wound up about this. I wanna keep my scissors but they aren't mine really.:sad:

what about your local supply store im sure they have shears that you can look at and see if the tip is correct for what you are looking for

Hi,

I find joewell scissors the most reliable. I have these ones in 5.5 and they are great for all point cutting.
ZII from Salons Direct Online.

it is better if you can, to get a feel of the scissors but to be honest until you start cutting with them you can never really tell if they are the right ones for you.

Donna x

Hi,

I find joewell scissors the most reliable. I have these ones in 5.5 and they are great for all point cutting.
ZII from Salons Direct Online.

it is better if you can, to get a feel of the scissors but to be honest until you start cutting with them you can never really tell if they are the right ones for you.

Donna x

I totally agree with this joewell are great scissors I use the classic 5.5 too but the clam ones look fab as well

Jaguar are the ones I had before that , I sent them back to the factory for their free sharpening service , I must say they were like new again :)

they put them through their factory sharpening process that all the new scissors go through they also oiled , re set them and put on a new silencer, and to be honest I thought that they would never be the same again (as always with scissor sharpening ) but no I was totally amazed Jaguar are brill for its back to factory free scissor sharpening service I now have two pairs of great scissors:green:

Sweetcorn what are the scisssors called ( the ones you like ) ?

I have looked at the local wholesalers and none are similar.

I don't know what make they are there is nothing written on them. They are nothing special and not expensive but they just feel like a natural extension of my hand and I feel so comfortable using them.

I am quite sad to be loosing them and I'm getting quite stressed about getting a new pair.

Its like new shoes, you have to ware them in!!!!!

I have looked at the local wholesalers and none are similar.

I don't know what make they are there is nothing written on them. They are nothing special and not expensive but they just feel like a natural extension of my hand and I feel so comfortable using them.

I am quite sad to be loosing them and I'm getting quite stressed about getting a new pair.

Its like new shoes, you have to ware them in!!!!!

I was going to say ask them if you can buy them ?
but then they would know you were thinking of leaving :rolleyes: mmmmm tough one

I know what you mean by scissors being like an extension of the hand though

I was going to say ask them if you can buy them ?
but then they would know you were thinking of leaving :rolleyes: mmmmm tough one

Exactly Minky!!!

I did try offering money but thats when my Boss joked about leaving them behind if I ever left!!!

I'll sort something out!:eek:

Latest posts

Back