Cabbage Soup Diet ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pips

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this diet?

Quite a few people i know have tried it and say it works.

Day 1 you can eat all the fruit you want (except bananas) along with the soup and drink as much unsweetened cranberry juice and water.

Day 2 you can eat all the fresh, cooked, raw vegetables you want along with th soup plus a baked potato at dinner but you cant have fruit this day.

Day 3 you can eat all the soup, vegetables and fruit you want but no baked potato.

Day 4 you can have up to 8 bananas and drink as many glasses of skimmed milk as you would like along with the soup (suppose to lessen the desire for sweet things)

Day 5 you can eat 10 - 20 ounces of beef and 6 fresh tomatoes. Drink at least 6 - 8 glasses of water (helps to flush the uric acid from your body) Eat your soup at least once this day.

Day 6 you can eat beef and vegetables till your hearts content (you can even have 2 or 3 steaks if you like) but no baked potato, have the soup at least once today.

Day 7 you must eat the soup at least once today but you can eat as much as you can of brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and vegetables.

Thats a quick guide to what it entails, i love fruit and veg and could quite happily eat it all day long and nothing else.

It says you can lose between 6 - 15 lb in a week but you must have a 2 week break between this week long diet.

Anyone tried it, heard of it, know anyone who's done it?

Ant feedback would be great, thanks in advance :hug:

I'd say only when you can leave all the doors and windows open:eek::eek::eek:

I know a couple of people who have tried it, and whilst they lost the weight it was very temporary as it is practically all water and muscle tissue that you will lose in that period of time....it is pretty much impossible to burn that amount of fat in a week.

The body will very quickly replace the water when you stop and muscle tissue is not something you want to lose anyway...both the girls I know were back to square 1 a week after stopping and sadly they have both gone on to put even more weight back on since!

Good if you want to lose it for a special occasion only, but if you are looking for a longer term solution hun, then I would get down your local weightwatchers or slimming world.

BTW, I lost 7lb (yes mainly water and detoxifying, but I still felt much better) in my first week at slimming world, however I then went on to lose another 2 stone of fat in the next 2 months, and keep it off, so it does work....and is a much 'healthier' way to lose it long term.

A friend and I did this donkeys years ago and by day 4 I'd lost the will to live! And most of my friends. As Adele said, keep the windows open. :lol:

Personally, I'd give it a wide berth. It's so boring it's nearly impossible to stick to. You also end up starving all the time, cos you get so fed up with the soup.

Ooooh you might lose weight but I bet it makes you look pregnant.

I did this diet, when I was getting engaged so I would like all trim and fab on the engagement party. Well let me tell you, you do loose a lot of weight, I lost ten kilo's on it. But my goodness, you can barely sleep in the same room as yourself you freaking stink sooooooo much. I think I had a green gas eminating out of my bedroom door for farting so much all night. I was in the loo and work so much, that it became a joke, "Rachels on the cabbage soup, Phew!!!!!" everytime I went.

I tried it again a couple of years later, made up a big pot of the cabbage soup and when it came to eating it, I just couldnt put it on my mouth.
xxx

I haven't tried this but did follow a "Watercress Soup Diet" about 3 years ago. I stayed on it religiously for two whole weeks and ate next to nothing. I think my body went into starvation mode and hung on to what it could, because after a full fortnight (and I didn't stray, not once, because it guaranteed to lose me 7-10lbs) I got on the scales and I'd lost half a pound. NO JOKE. How peed off was I? I seem to remember this was swiftly followed by a fortnight eating anything that took my fancy to make up for the terrible deprivation so I probably ended up much heavier :lol: :lol: !

I don't like cabbage at the best of times, but to be drinking it all day long is another matter.

PS: You'd better gets lots of airfreshners in!!!

I think there's no escaping it- a balanced diet is beat in the long term.

As a teenager I was constantly dieting, watching what I ate- sometimes I'd live off half a slice of toast and 3 slices of cucumber every other day! I still don't know why but I hit a point where I thought "Sod it!" and if I felt like a bag of crisps I'd have a bag of crisps, if I felt like an apple I'd have an apple. Instead of putting on weight, which was always in the back of my mind, I actually lost a whole dress size! I do enjoy salad, fruit & veg as well as naughty things and I find now that that is what my body craves most.

Listen to your bodies girls & boys, it's the way forward!!!!!!!!!

I think there's no escaping it- a balanced diet is beat in the long term.

As a teenager I was constantly dieting, watching what I ate- sometimes I'd live off half a slice of toast and 3 slices of cucumber every other day! I still don't know why but I hit a point where I thought "Sod it!" and if I felt like a bag of crisps I'd have a bag of crisps, if I felt like an apple I'd have an apple. Instead of putting on weight, which was always in the back of my mind, I actually lost a whole dress size! I do enjoy salad, fruit & veg as well as naughty things and I find now that that is what my body craves most.

Listen to your bodies girls & boys, it's the way forward!!!!!!!!!

I did exactly the same thing. Went from a 14 to a 10 in less than a year. Now my weight doesn't fluctuate at all.

Might sound a stupid question but do you blend the cabbage when it is cooked for you to drink it or what?:o :o thanks

My mom, many years ago, would do this diet now and then.

YES you will suffer some mega gas, so be sure to leave windows open and avoid public places. (I SWEAR something crawled up my momma's butt and died there, it was HORRID living with her during this time)
It's also a diet meant as a quick fix for a wedding or other event, and not meant for long term.
At some point, you'll be so sick of th soup, you wind up starving yourself.

I wouldn't recommend it as a way to achieve a permanent weight loss.
It's not the healthiest way of doing things.

BUT if you want to fit in that dress for a wedding or whatever, why not.
Just take lots of "beano" (pills for flatulence LOL)

Ooooh you might lose weight but I bet it makes you look pregnant.

I look pregnant anyway!!:lol:

Not for me though this one! It's the soup that puts me off!!

Great if it works!

Teri x:hug:

My mom, many years ago, would do this diet now and then.

YES you will suffer some mega gas, so be sure to leave windows open and avoid public places. (I SWEAR something crawled up my momma's butt and died there, it was HORRID living with her during this time)
It's also a diet meant as a quick fix for a wedding or other event, and not meant for long term.
At some point, you'll be so sick of th soup, you wind up starving yourself.

I wouldn't recommend it as a way to achieve a permanent weight loss.
It's not the healthiest way of doing things.

BUT if you want to fit in that dress for a wedding or whatever, why not.
Just take lots of "beano" (pills for flatulence LOL)

You crack me up Victoria!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for all your input on this!

Ive decided to give it a go as a kick start to losing some of the weight ive gained since quitting smoking (7 months)

I dont intend it to be a contineous diet and know that i will have to eat healthy afterwards but just need that incentive.

I will let you all know how i get on :eek:

Anyone need a clothespin? I've got a bagfull here (for your noses :lol: )

And I'm starting a collection for "beano" pills, for the discomfort that Pips will likely suffer:wink2:

Sorry Pips, just teasing ya hun:hug:

All kidding aside, I'm sure it will be a great kickstart and when you get a good start, it IS great incentive to keep going. At least, my Mum found it to be so.
Keep us posted and got my fingers crossed for you that you get the results that you want.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

IMO..the only Safe diet is well balanced eating ( 6 small meals aday) and a moderate amount of excerise.
*Go for a walk everyday at a good pace, get the arms swingning to jump start the heart and burn calories. Enjoy the outdoors.
The Diabetics diet (meal planning) is the safest most balanced, healthiest way of eating.

*Cut back on the fats, carbs and sugars. This is not saying Deny yourself of them.
*Stop snacking in front of the computer and tv at night!

It all plays a important part in the bodies process system. But just takes discipline. Which is most of our downfall.:(

Latest posts

Back