CACI training-beauty qualification?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SachBo

Reaction score
Hiya,

I have recently just purchased a caci machine and am going on training end of Oct- cant wait!
My mum was with me and the rep at the beauty show said she can also come to training. She hasnt got a beauty qualification and obviousily wont be able to carry out the treatment. But she can learn about the product and promote it for me. Has any one else had a similar situation? The rep said salons sometimes take the receptionist etc..I dont want my mum to feel silly even though the rep said we are taught everything from scratch!

Thanks

You don't have to be beauty qualified at all, they teach you everything you need to know for their machines and I think you get up to 3 places per machine so might as well use it! I was one of 2 out of 8 that was actually a beauty therapist and it deffo helps!! But not a necessity

Hiya,

I have recently just purchased a caci machine and am going on training end of Oct- cant wait!
My mum was with me and the rep at the beauty show said she can also come to training. She hasnt got a beauty qualification and obviousily wont be able to carry out the treatment. But she can learn about the product and promote it for me. Has any one else had a similar situation? The rep said salons sometimes take the receptionist etc..I dont want my mum to feel silly even though the rep said we are taught everything from scratch!

Thanks

Yes. I have the Ultimate. My Husband came with me so he understood how to perform the treatments on me.....no point having a machine if you can't benefit from it..... however he did scarper from the room when the body treatments were being performed, I think he felt a little uncomfortable with a room full of women with no trousers on! (or that's what he told me! ) your mum will be fine....

Thanks ladies! My mum will feel alot better now!
How is the training? any tips or anything you would recommend to prepare for?

x

Thanks ladies! My mum will feel alot better now!
How is the training? any tips or anything you would recommend to prepare for?

x

Not really anything to prepare for as such just make sure you can both cleanse and tone, everything else is shown. I have my own personal views on the machines now I have been trained. It may be a good idea that when you receive your training we catch up again on here as it would be good to hear your feedback.

‘Hi,

How do you arrange training please, I'd love to do it!

Thanks,

Hannah x

‘Hi,

Thanks,

Hannah x

Hannah...I apologise now for my sarcasm. . But if you can't work out what to do here then there really is little hope. I really am not going to spell it out.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

You don't have to be beauty qualified at all, they teach you everything you need to know for their machines

I'm sorry, am I the only geek who thinks this is absolutely disgusting behaviour on the part of the brand??? How on earth can they justify taking thousands of pounds for equipment from "therapists" who aren't even qualified??!!! Ok their training might be great but it's no substitute for spending 2+ years learning and practising on all types of people! It just smacks of being all about the money to me, sorry to get on my soap box but the low morals of some brands like this are bringing down the standards of the entire industry and I'm sick of it!!! Get proper training or get out of the industry!!!!! Ggrrrrrr!!!!!!!

You don't have to be beauty qualified at all, they teach you everything you need to know for their machines and I think you get up to 3 places per machine so might as well use it! I was one of 2 out of 8 that was actually a beauty therapist and it deffo helps!! But not a necessity

Really?

You don't have to be qualified in at least facial to go on this training and offer this treatment? I'm shocked. With the machines being so expensive I would have thought this is something they would demand x

Leely x

‘Hi,

Thanks,

Hannah x

Phone CACI. Generally if there's a product I want to train in I will phone that brand and ask them. Sometimes you will have to buy the full kit and sometimes if you tell them (and can verify) that you are working for someone else they will just charge you for the training :)

I think it's ok to allow staff who are involved with the promotional side of things to attend the training day but I think a certificate for insurable purposes should only be given to already qualified beauty therapists.

Hi when I trained in CACI in 2000 we were all qualified therapists the tutor kept referring to the muscle groups and the Golgi tendon organ that is stimulated with microcurrent. We even had a exam at the end of the three days. Has it all changed then it's leaving me feeling very wary of them as a company looks like money talks hey.

Hi when I trained in CACI in 2000 we were all qualified therapists the tutor kept referring to the muscle groups and the Golgi tendon organ that is stimulated with microcurrent. We even had a exam at the end of the three days. Has it all changed then it's leaving me feeling very wary of them as a company looks like money talks hey.

No it hasn't changed. . We had exams too and the course is intensive. To be honest an untrained therapist is highly unlikely to go out and be able afford a 12k machine. This machine is the most elite in its field and longest serving medically trialled. They do like you to be NVQ 2 qualified but they do not ask to see certs.

I trained 3 years ago and there were people on my course who went trained in beauty as said before. I was level 3 trained before and had 2 years salon experience plus dermalogica training. I also have a friend who is trained in beauty and CACI trained who took her mum along and her mum was trained too! I don't necessarily think it's right, but then when I trained in BioSculpture there were people there who had literally done a basic mani course the day before! Same kinda thing really!

Sorry that wasn't very clear - my friend is a trained therapist but her mum wasn't!

Sorry that wasn't very clear - my friend is a trained therapist but her mum wasn't!

They don't mind who they train I don't think my husband came with me and was trained. .but he and I both know that there is NO way he'd treat clients it was purely so I could have the treatment.

I really think this will be my next business investment.

I'm hoping to do this one day too :)

I start my ITEC in facials in January so, hopefully this time next year I can start looking into this x

Leely x

Is there a snobbery between college trained and non college trained therapists? its a genuine question and no offence meant. I ask because I went into beauty later in life (gawd i sound old) and have four children so couldnt commit to a long college course, needed to start earning and didnt have time to learn things I wasn't going to offer. Anyway, in the last yr or so iv done cnd complete, semi-permanent lash extensions, sienna x spray tans, LVL Lashes, HD Brows and next on the agenda is waxing but what my point is, is that every treatment learned was new to me and I dont have any nvq's or similar but I do have ghd's ;) After waxing im going to look into some kind of anti-aging treatment, not sure what yet? So, do you skin geeks think some kind of skin qualification is better to have before embarking on any kind of anti-aging treatment and if so, why?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is there a snobbery between college trained and non college trained therapists? its a genuine question and no offence meant. I ask because I went into beauty later in life (gawd i sound old) and have four children so couldnt commit to a long college course, needed to start earning and didnt have time to learn things I wasn't going to offer. Anyway, in the last yr or so iv done cnd complete, semi-permanent lash extensions, sienna x spray tans, LVL Lashes, HD Brows and next on the agenda is waxing but what my point is, is that every treatment learned was new to me and I dont have any nvq's or similar but I do have ghd's ;) After waxing im going to look into some kind of anti-aging treatment, not sure what yet? So, do you skin geeks think some kind of skin qualification is better to have before embarking on any kind of anti-aging treatment and if so, why?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldn't worry what others think at all, the answer to your question I believe, is Yes. The ones that have trained the longest are the ones that shout the loudest. We all have our individual reasons for why some trained in less time than others. Individuals will only be as good as their levels allow of retaining the info they are taught. This is the whole debate here. As far as CACI go I was advised not to do the facial electrical course before I had my training with CaCI from both CACI and my college tutor. I'm not a stupid person by any stretch so I took their advice and saved myself £500... but ...I do a lot of my own research, answer my own questions and use common sense and have had some brilliant results from application of CACI. The majority of people reading this will disagree... does this bother me. Not at all. I'm not the one complaining of no customers nor am I competing with the average services prices and today's standards of them. ...

Latest posts

Back