Caci turmoil, don't know where to turn

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misseden

Reaction score
apologies for this long winded story but here goes. bought a caci machine from caci, paid with hard earned cash 8 weeks ago. 3 weeks ago noticed a small split in the white lead of the probe, anyone that uses the caci will know what i mean. so i rang the rep to say about it, no answer, left a message, no reply.

next day i go to use the caci and no current is going through so i pressed the split lead and it worked and then didnt and then did. rang rep again, no answer and no reply so rang head office, passed here there and everywhere and told someone would ring me back, this has gone on for three weeks now.

so, last week rang my rep again and someone answered hoooray, except the someone told me my rep had left and she had taken over her job, yet again i explained what had happened she said she would ring head office and get back to me which she did and said my caci is under warranty and they would replace the leads, she gave me the number of the person to ring which i did numerous times over the last week to be greeted by a voicemail and no reply. anyway today i rang the rep again and no answer so i rang head office again and explained to 3 different people what has happened to be eventually told i will have to buy new leads as caci don't manufacture caci so parts arnt covered by warranty.

so i asked who does manufacture caci to which he refused to tell me! now as you can imagine i have shelled out a lot and i mean a lot of cash for this machine and i really do not have the money to replace parts 8 weeks in and even if i did have the money i feel like i shouldnt have to be replacing parts so early on. i feel so let down and annoyed. i dont know from one day to the next if im guna have current or not as its so tempremental. any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, not a good experience. I have to say that my experience with CACI was always ok.
Can I suggest you write to them, saying what's happened and how badly you've been treated. Also call every day. Be a nuisance, if that's what it takes.
I'd expect to replace probes about once every two years, not after 8 weeks. They were obviously faulty.
You could try trading standards, as you've been sold a defective item, and the company won't help.

Would that not come into the 'fit for purpose' catchment? You clearly can't use the machine sold to you if the bits are faulty!

im so so upset and also angry. my old rep really would have had this sorted for me and thats no disrespect to the new one. i have used caci in other places ive worked and i know it inside out and i have never had an issue with splits or tears before. it seems like ive gone in a huge circle and everyone passes me onto someone else. i cant let it go though im gunna stew all night now

Send a strongly worded email. It'll make you feel a little better. Tell them you'll be calling every day until you have a fully working machine that's fit for purpose.

This is absolutely disgusting! Do not accept this, they are trying to fob you off. :(

Edit: It seems I was wrong about soga. It never occurred to me that it wouldn't apply b2b, surely there are some regulations about faulty goods though??

Last edited:
We had a similar situation last year. The red lead stopped working, no current the same as you. We were told the same that the leads aren't part of the warranty. I asked to see the paperwork we signed and they showed it me and sure enough in the small print it said that. We had to pay for new leads even though it was in the first year. It was longer than 8 weeks though.

This soga guide doesnt apply b2b, as a seller theres nothing worse then quoting regs that dont apply.

Thats not to say you shouldnt expect the goods to work and soga is important b2c, just not the solution to your problem here x

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Whether or not the Sale of Goods Act covers this, speaking as a distributor, if this happened to one of our customers it would be replaced in a heartbeat. I'd want my customer happy, not miserable and posting about it on a public forum. The PR fallout is v bad!

And it's not as if CACI machines are cheap!!

Research the name of the MD / CEO and write to them directly.

I often do this with companies - CEO of Royal Mail, CEO of O2 - it's amazing how much quicker a problem gets resolved as soon as you go right to the top!

Caci would get it replaced by the manufacturer free, so as Lynn says they should keep you happy and argue the point with THEIR suppliers.

Poor you! In addition to CEO suggestion I find nothing makes people get a move on faster than when you go via their press officer.

this is what i thought, they would replace it then they would sort it with the manufacturer. im not letting it go it just doesnt seem right

CEO is dean nathanson

I would recommend to write a letter as suggested to Dean Nathanson. Stating your situation and how you have been treated. And that you want the parts replaced as soon as possible or state a time when you'd like them replaced.

Unfortunately this is not the first time caci have sold faulty goods. I know from personal experience. I had to be very clear and strong what I wanted otherwise it would be court action. They had to replace the whole machine.

Don't be feel or be bullied. Be strong, tell them what's happened and tell them what outcome you want.

Your machine is not fit for purpose and they have sold you a machine with faulty parts.

Hth and good luck

Carla-Jane
Definitive Health & Beauty
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

hello everyone and thank you for your replies. still no further forward. ive spoke to several people at caci and they are not willing to budge. basically my supposed warranty was only valid for 48 hours after delivery!!!!!! yep im flabbergasted too. so thank you for giving me the name dean nathanson, im going after him now and im not leting it lie. preparing letter now!

Get in touch with your local MP, if Trading Standards etc can't help.

I'm in Manchester and if something goes on and on and we get nowhere, then we get in touch with Ivan Lewis. He is great.

This is ridiculous that you have paid a lot of money out for something that is not "fit for purpose".
If you don't get anywhere this week contact your MP. A letter from them on government letter headed paper works every time.
Hope you get sorted.

Well this would certainly put me off spending any money with them!!

IMHO they aren't showing much respect or support for their customers and their businesses.

I agree with Fozzyo, they arent doing them selves any favours.

Hi Misseden,

I wanted to just jump on and let you know that Techcare (a division of Silhouette Dermalift) may be able to help you with repairs to your cable.

I fully appreciate you wanting to seek repairs from the manufacturer however, this may be another option available to help you get back to your treatments as soon as possible.

Feel free to give me a call 0161 980 1080.

Latest posts

Back