Cadbury?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sass

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I remember reading a thread ages ago about a gel polish which was very close to Cadbury purple. I hsve a client request for it but cannot for the life of me remember what the consensus of opinion was.

I use both Gelish and Shellac ....... can anyone help please? :p

Sent from my GT-P5210 using SalonGeek mobile app

CND Shellac Grape Gum is a great Cadbury purple :)

Yes, I believe it was Grape Gum x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 530
Yes, I though it was ringing a bell with me earlier. Typical, I don't have it ... yet...will go and rectify this at once! (Just another excuse to expand the collection, lol). :p

Thanks peeps :D

If you have Gelish try layering Starburst over Black Shadow, it is a good Cadbury shade of purple!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 426
Grape Gum is perfect - just make sure you stir it up with a stick as well as shaking it. I have had this colour for a long time and didn't realise until recently when I bought a polish shaker that the polish is actually metallic! All of the metallic stuff sinks to the bottom. All this time I thought it was a creme colour 😁 oops x

Felicity xx

If you have Gelish try layering Starburst over Black Shadow, it is a good Cadbury shade of purple!

Wow, I like that combo, will give it a go, thank you.

Stirring Gelish and my Shellac is becoming apart of my new problem solving routine, lol. Bought more orangewood sticks just for this job, but my lord it works!!

The difference is amazing - chalk and cheese on many colours and a pleasure to work with. Recommend everyone to try it, especially with heavily pigmented colours :o

Thanks for the stirring tip for Grape Gum. I have a client who will only have purple and I have been struggling with this colour for a while thinking it was a wishy washy creme. Gave mine a good stir and magically the metallic appeared! A much better shade, just what I was after when I bought it. Thanks everyone!

IZzy wizzy over night reflection is a glittery cadburys purple

Those who use grape gum, is it opaque with 2 coats?

I find Grape Gum needs three coats... I might give it a bit of a stir though after reading some comments about it!

The best advice I ever received "work smarter, not harder" - Thank you Geeks!!

I prefer Purple Purple as the Cadbury colour, I find Grape Gum too dark and flat for it :) x

I find Grape Gum needs three coats... I might give it a bit of a stir though after reading some comments about it!

The best advice I ever received "work smarter, not harder" - Thank you Geeks!!
Yes same here x

Those who use grape gum, is it opaque with 2 coats?

It is now I've shaken it properly, does need a good stir though to bring out the metallic stuff and then it's opaque but it's pretty opaque with one coat now it's at the proper consistency x

Felicity xx

These aren't my photos but I've found them on google.. Hope no one minds me sharing!

This is how grape gum looks without a proper shake and stir.. with no metallic and hard to work with..
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414625455.127664.jpg

And this is how it's suppose to look..
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414625474.474283.jpg

Completely different looks and much easier to use if mixed properly which I didn't realise myself until recently lol

X

Felicity xx

These aren't my photos but I've found them on google.. Hope no one minds me sharing!

This is how grape gum looks without a proper shake and stir.. with no metallic and hard to work with..
View attachment 77912

And this is how it's suppose to look..
View attachment 77913

Completely different looks and much easier to use if mixed properly which I didn't realise myself until recently lol

X

Felicity xx

Wow thank you. Didn't know this. Can't wait to have a go now tomorrow. It's like having a whole new colour lol :)

I prefer Purple Purple as the Cadbury colour, I find Grape Gum too dark and flat for it :) x

I find purple purple to blue for the Cadbury look, so will try grape gum and other layering ideas. :o

OPI GelColor in Louvre Me Not is perfect Cadbury purple

Latest posts

Back