Cake Ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
Any geeks out there any good at making cakes?
I do make cupcakes and rather average birthday cakes but its my youngest daughters 16th birthday on Monday and Im trying :eek: to make her a cake.

I have bought some icing and modelling icing and have made a few decorations, I have attempted items connected with hairdressing like a hair dryer and straighteners they defiantly not in the same league as GHD's :lol: :lol:

I was wondering do any of you have a good Butter Icing recipe one I can use to Dirty Ice the cake and fill it?
Even different flavours I could try?

Any geeks out there any good at making cakes?
I do make cupcakes and rather average birthday cakes but its my youngest daughters 16th birthday on Monday and Im trying :eek: to make her a cake.

I have bought some icing and modelling icing and have made a few decorations, I have attempted items connected with hairdressing like a hair dryer and straighteners they defiantly not in the same league as GHD's :lol: :lol:

I was wondering do any of you have a good Butter Icing recipe one I can use to Dirty Ice the cake and fill it?
Even different flavours I could try?

I love this butter cream :-

Fudgy frosting
75g softened butter
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
1/2 of a 500g box of icing sugar
4 tablespoons baking cocoa powder
dash of salt
cream or milk to thicken

Its my boss's birthday tomorrow and iv made her some lemon cup cakes :) i was quite proud.

Thanks ladies :)
Any more recipes?

i bought mary berry baking bible after watching the british bake off, it's great. i think some of the recipes are on her or that shows website. have fun.

When it comes to frosting I tend the cheat. I buy the Betty crocker ones. They taste amazing!

Latest posts

Back