Calgel 37a losing colour - advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mousie

Reaction score
Hi, I have been using Calgel for 18 months with no problems (except a speckly no 55 once) but have recently had 2 clients return from holidays with colour loss - from the same (new) pot of no 37. They had gone almost clear with pink left at the tips - no exaggeration! (I have photos but they keep failing to upload)
Both bought Calcrystal & I also applied it as their top coat - the pot was well stirred etc etc. One ladys' thumb was fine where she'd been holding her book, which makes me convinced it's the UV. The other lady texted me a pic of it about it within 2 days of her being on holiday! Not great for my reputation as a nail tech!
I rang Calgel who said to send it back - which I did - they rang yesterday to say that they tried it on a girl in the office and there is nothing wrong with it and that next time I should use superclear. I have never needed superclear and most of my customers use sunbeds / go on holiday with no problems - plus I was told on my course it wasn't needed. In fact most of my regulars had their 1st set of overlays for a holiday.
I have had to do 2 free sets of overlays for these ladies, and am gobsmacked that Calgels solution is for me to spend more money with them (they offered my 20% off my next order of superclear but will not replace the no 37). I feel a bit cornered as my training is with them and I have so much Calgel stock - it's ironic that I chose Calgel over bio-sculpture because of their good customer service reputation.
I have lost confidence in the system - especially if this was not a faulty pot!?
I need advice - what would you do? - has anyone found other gel systems good? My certificate runs out next April, so I will be looking to go elsewhere. Sorry for the rant and all advice will be appreciated xxxx

I think you'll find that with all gel systems some colours fade in the sun, think this may be mainly pinks, so its not just a problem with calgel, I had a pink shellac fade last week on a clent.................:?::?::?::?:

Oh and also some sun tan lotions and insect repellents that contain deet effect gel nails...................x

Latest posts

Back