Calgel Application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunula

Reaction score
Hi Too All Calgel Users

I've Been Using Calgel A While Now And Although I Love It Im Still Not Happy With My Technique And The Amount Of Time It Takes Me To Apply.

Quite Disheartened As For A Full Set With Tips It Takes Me 2hours, As It Did When I Trained So Dont Know Why This Hasnt Improved.

And I Find Some Nails I Can Do Perfect But Then Others I Can Find A Nightmare And Thats On The Same Set Of Nails!!!!!!(the Nightmares I Have Is The Nail Looking Too Wide As The Gel Has Settled Near The Sidewalls Not Bleed Into Them But Just Hasnt Sat On The Apex Where I Placed It!)

I Cant Use L&p Or Fiberglass/silk Because I Feel Really Sick With The Smells They Both Produce, So Im Just Getting More And More Frustrated With Myself Coz I Know I Have To Master This Technique.

I Know Calgel Do Further Training But Its Just Having The Time To Do It And When I Did My Initial Training My Nails Were Perfect So I Might Not Nessecerily Do Them Wrong On The Day For Me To Be Corrected.

Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!please Anyone With Some Tips For Little Me

the thing is when you have your initial traing the nails probably are perfect but then when you go home it is very easy to pick up bad habbits especially if you are not working in a salon as there is no-one there to help you when it starts to go wrong, i woul go back for a 1-1 hun you'll be amazed at how much they can teach just from looking at your application xxHTHxx

And I Find Some Nails I Can Do Perfect But Then Others I Can Find A Nightmare And Thats On The Same Set Of Nails!!!!!!(the Nightmares I Have Is The Nail Looking Too Wide As The Gel Has Settled Near The Sidewalls Not Bleed Into Them But Just Hasnt Sat On The Apex Where I Placed It!)

Have you tried curing one nail at a time? That way the apex will stay put before it has a chance to seep to the edges and you don't have to worry about rushing to finish the entire hand. Or another hint I got from a geek that helped me was to flash freeze each nail (ie. cure for about 10 sec.) before moving onto next nail and then cure the entire hand -that's just enough time tol set the gel. You'll find your apex stays right where you want it either way!
alex

Hi

Have you tried turning the clients nail upside down for 10 seconds , checking your work then cure for 10 seconds to 'freeze' into place??

thanks for everyones reply

i have tried freezeing before but not improved my technique or overall finish greatly but i will try holding upside down first and see if helps..

love your work kirsty!!! im a fan!

cheers all:)

Latest posts

Back