Calgel Brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy32

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good tips for making the brushes last longer....or know any cheaper alternatives? I seem to be going thru them so quickly!!
At the end of each day when I have used them I clean them in acetone then wipe with Calguard.
Any other suggestions.......?

Its worth ringing Calbrook and getting their advice on how to keep the brushes. I personally wouldn't use acetone on my brushes - I just use NCO sanitiser spray which can be used on the brushes that I use and I maybe change my brush every 8-12 months, possibly longer.

How quick are you going through your brushes?

NOOOOOOOOOOO don't put acetone on them :).No wonder you are going through them.
I wipe ,if they have colour on ,then put clear gel on them wrap them in a wee bit of couch roll or tissue and then foil and i keep them in a Bart Simpson pencil tin which makes all the difference.

NOOOOOOOOOOO don't put acetone on them :).No wonder you are going through them.
I wipe ,if they have colour on ,then put clear gel on them wrap them in a wee bit of couch roll or tissue and then foil and i keep them in a Bart Simpson pencil tin which makes all the difference.

Love the Bart Simpson thing Gillian...:lol::lol::lol:

Here is a recent thread discussing calgel brushes too.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/97992-calgel-brushes.html

I never clean my gel brush...no need too...and acetone is a big no no....just wipe excess gel off with a lint free pad and wrap in foil.

Thank you so much.....guess its the acetone thats the problem but thats what I was told on my training!!!! I prob have to buy new ones every 2 months or so! Will try the clear gel thing (I have a toothbrush holder to store them in - not quite as cool as a Bart Simpson Pencil tin!!!)

Thank you so much.....guess its the acetone thats the problem but thats what I was told on my training!!!! I prob have to buy new ones every 2 months or so! Will try the clear gel thing (I have a toothbrush holder to store them in - not quite as cool as a Bart Simpson Pencil tin!!!)

I was told the exact same in my training! I did find it weird as I would never dream of putting my L & P brush anywhere near acetone, but as it's a different system just took advice of trainer.
I don't do gels everyday, so my brushes always seem to be a bit hard even after putting clear gel on and wrapping and put in an air tight bag and put in the fridge (this was also recommended by tutor) xx

Well my brushes are now much better thanks, now i'm just putting a bit of gel on then wrapping them in foil. My next question is now when you get them new and you need to get the glue stuff off them, again I used to use acetone for this. What does everyone else use to do this?

I just gently wiggle the hairs with my fingers to soften them.

I also use to cleanse my brush after every use and I was going through them like crazy,I find that wiping off the excess gel and wrapping it up is sufficient. I 'break' my new brushes in by gently wiping over them in a piece of paper towel. I dont use my fingers in case I have oil on them.... ('',)

Latest posts

Back