Calgel extension split at the side

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCanning

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping for an answer quicker this way than waiting for IZ Hammond to open in the morning.

So my story is...

I did a set of Calgel extension tips using IZ pro on a 15 year old girl on Sunday, so 5 days ago. Her nails were very very badly damaged from acrylics and she also bites them so was literally nothing there (obviously enough to put a tip on). Her mum had stated her acrylics only lasted 4 days as she bit them all off.

Anyway, her mum contacted me today to say her thumb nail had come off (her daughter said it came off when taking her phone out her jeans back pocket) and another is splitting at both sides of the nail.

So I'm slightly frustrated as I wear calgels myself and have for years, and know calgel only splits at the side when teeth get in there or something else to cause trauma. So I am really looking for reassurance, but also some helpful information on what to do. I'm not wanting to fix something that is just going picked off again.

I may be seeing the worse in the 15 year old looking after her nails and it may be me, so I appreciate any helpful information please.

So she told you she bits them off in 4 days, her nails were already damaged from a previous set, and you know it must be teeth breaking the sides.....why are you doubting yourself???

You know your stuff, stand your ground, you got this

Thanks Trinity,

I appreciate the reassurance a lot. I've got her mum to send a photo of her splitting extension, so it's not put in the bin once she's chewed it off so I can't actually see what it was like.

Latest posts

Back