Calgel going brown after 1 day?!?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathalie

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm new to this whole site and need some help!

I currently use calgel and have always got on really well with it. However last Sat I did a full set of french (with tips) on a new client and the next day they turned brown! Now I know some people's go a yellowy shade when they don't look after them or smoke or when it's been over cured but her's were actually brown! So I had to remove them completly and she is unsure about trying again (I'm going to do a natural overlay next week though) I've also had another client who came in for her 2 week in-fills and hers were the same! It looks like she had been wearing the same set for months! They to had gone brown and some had come off, they just looked awful! (To be fair she is my problem client - never come back for in-fills and just can't get on with anything! Acrylic, N, nail overlay, gel etc)

Does anyone know why this could be?

I've had a look thorugh the books and searched the site but I'm still stumped! :(

Thanks Nat xxx

Hi

I know this is a long shot, but she hasn't been applying home tan has she?
or
applying moisturisers which contain some tanning solution?

I have had discolouration from some clients in the past, and when we have looked further into what products the client may be using this is what the conclusion was.

Hope this is of some help.

Hi Welshgeek,

I doubt it very much as she is aisan! I really can't work it out! Hmm might have to ring head office???

N x

Hi Welshgeek,

I doubt it very much as she is aisan! I really can't work it out! Hmm might have to ring head office???

N x

does she eat with her fingers...?? ( i know alot of people inc me that eat curry etc with fingers)...this will have stained them for sure.

Nope - that was the first thing I asked her! Hmmmm

coloured her own hair...??

for them to go brown in 1 day she MUST have done something. I have seen these soft soak off gels discolour but its been over 2-3 weeks normally.

I have never seen this happen. I agree that she must have done something.

Yellow after 9 days or so, yes, but just a bit yellow, not brown.

Is it possible you did not thoroughly remove the dispersion layer and she was wearing something brown or dark that 'stuck' to it? Or even got into some liquids that discoloured it?

If there is a trace of stickiness it would discolour very easily. Hmmm....

Oooh possibly she was wearing a brown top?

She had a pedicure afterwards with our trainee and it's possible I didn't wipe it off I guess but I am sure I did as I went round the edges with the yellow file and would have noticed it being sticky....Unless of course I went to far and broke the seal hmmmm

I'D say you hadnt removed the inhibition layer properly....OR:green: any of the above!

I have had this before and i know there was a thread on it....i just cant find it !!!

AMb x

Was it all ten nails that were affected? I'm thinking maybe a cleaning product but surely then some nails would be more affected than others.

Did the nails feel nice & smooth still?

I think it could be that the dispersion layer could have been a little sticky still and its the dye from her jeans, top or even towels or tea towels or socks.

If you buffed with your blue sponge board did it come off.

yeah when we buffed it came off, I guess I need to pay more attaention and make sure the layer is compelty off!

Thanks girls xxx

yeah when we buffed it came off, I guess I need to pay more attaention and make sure the layer is compelty off!

Thanks girls xxx

Was it kind of 'marbled' brown ? just make sure you use a fresh lint free pad with solution for each hand and are very thorough at making sure its all removed.

You'll be fine now your aware of it:hug:

Thanks girls xxx

Natalie - when you buff what do you do after that?

I dont use Calgel but do use Bio Sculpture and with that if you have buffed to refine your shape you have to remove the dispesion layer before you buff and then you apply a sealer/final layer of gel on top of the buffed layer. You then remove the dispersion layer. I now always too apply a layer of clear top coat to help to again protect the gel.

i got brown patches on my calgel overlay from tinting eyelashes / brows.

Did you apply calcrystal when you finished?

Sunbeds are a major prob - especially the high power ones that are about these days - is it possible that she used a sunbed? hth's

Latest posts

Back