Calgel Good or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loulou Mc

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this site and to nails, although I have been qualified in other holistic therapies for a while. I have bought the Calgel system for Gel nails and I'm going on the training next weekend, does anyone have any advice about this system. I know it's a bit late as I'm already into it financially but any tips or hints etc would be great.

Cheers Loulou:Love:

Hi Loulou,

I myself don't use Calgel so I can't help you. However there are lots of people on this site who regard it highly. If you type Calgel into the search option you will find lots of info about it.

Hth's

Hi hun,

Welcome to the site :) I have also got the Calgel kit, and am doing my training in November. I have had a play around with the kit and seen the dvd etc, and have to say I am 100% impressed with the results I have had with it. I have had absolutely NO lifting on my nails at all, no breaks either!! :green:

I am very very happy with the product, using it as a natural nail overlay, and also with tips. All I am doing is watching the dvd as much as I can, and reading all the info that comes with the kit, just so it is stuck in my brain when I do my training :lol:

Have you managed to try the products out yet hun? If so, how have you got on so far?

love it its fab - nice and easy to apply WONT EVER LIFT but its £££££££££

Very popular in my area.

Soaks off nice and easy in 10 mins max - loads of colours - very very good service.

thumbs up from me.

amb xxx

I've been using Calgel for over a year now and I think it's great. If you've got any specific questions don't hesitate to send me a PM and I'll get back to you.

Thanks guys
Well it looks like I've picked a good system. Yeah it does look like it could be expensive Minkus, esp with the retail products etc.
Debs67 do you have to use all their solutions ie Calgiene, Calcleanse etc or can you find alternative products as obviously they push their products heavily.
No Fificharlie I haven't practiced yet to be honest I was really nervous and didn't want to cock it up and waste the kit. Also I've only just completed a manicure/ped course so I was waiting to have the basic understanding of nails etc before trying the Calgel. I've watch the DVD twice and read and re read the workbook etc and it is going in (slowly) I'll have to pull my finger out though as Sunday is fast approaching arghhhh!!!!!!!!!

Lou x

Its fabulous, I wish it had been my chosen system when I set out, as I have now found the product I am most happy with. No lifting, no chipping, long lasting, fab colours. Is pricey but well worth it. My clients are all converted and happy.

The customer service is exceptional too, any questions re products, or application, nothing is too much trouble and if they cannot answer your question there and then, someone will always call you back. Thumbs up to Robyn who has been very helpful to me, also Chris and James at Calbrook. :)

Thanks Pippadoodle

I was reading another thread that said something along the lines of not to believe the whole its kinder to natural nails than other products, is this true. I had sort of thought this was one of the huge benefits, or am I just being very naive?? If it doesn't look after your natural nail then how do they get away with marketing it that way??
Looking forward to it but the more I read on here the more confused I'm getting. :confused: :confused:

Thanks for replying tho
Loux

Thanks Pippadoodle

I was reading another thread that said something along the lines of not to believe the whole its kinder to natural nails than other products, is this true. I had sort of thought this was one of the huge benefits, or am I just being very naive?? If it doesn't look after your natural nail then how do they get away with marketing it that way??
Looking forward to it but the more I read on here the more confused I'm getting. :confused: :confused:

Thanks for replying tho
Loux

There is NOTHING in CALGEL that makes it any 'kinder' to your natural nail than an other product on the market.

Bad Technicians & improper removal = Badly Damaged Nails

Products will not do the damage! (unless we're talking mma but thats a whole other 'discussion'!)

Hope thats clarified:hug:

Amb x

Being naive then lol.

Cheers being new there's just so much too figure out and so gotta look at not being sucked in I suppose. A tleast I can challenge them on Sunday if they do come out with that little gem!

Cheers Minkus

Loux

Amber is right, she is an expert in gels, and knows her stuff. It is very difficult trying to choose the right product, which manufacturer, etc we all have our favourites, and which ones to use for different clients depending on strength, lifestyle, ease of application and removal etc, is it used for sculpting, nno or tip ovelay.

Some companies do trial samples, its worth contacting any you may be interested in,
I was interested in Bio and Calgel, the reason I went for Calgel is because they did training in my area on a Sunday, and the date for training fitted in.xx:hug:

So sorry didnt read your post properly earlier, see you are booked in for your training already..ooops, good luck and hope you enjoy it. Yes your trainer will clarify any questions. xx:hug:

Im doing my calgel training in Luton on the 19th and 20th of November.
I have been practising with my kit and been very pleased with the results. It seems to be strong over tips i did my first set 3 weeks ago and they are still on.I have never sculpted before though, so looking forward to learning this.
I gave up nail extensions a while ago.I used to do fibreglass and gels but hated all the buffing.I was always getting people asking me if i did them so thought id try another system and im happy so far.It is expensive though.

Latest posts

Back